Recent Topics

1 Jul 31, 2006 00:05    

I've disabled skin switching everywhere and I'd like to re-gain the realestste on the sidebar where this long list of available (not any more) skins is. Can anyone point me to file where I need to make the change?

Thanks!

2 Jul 31, 2006 00:30

In the Custom skin the code looks like this:

<?php if( ! $Blog->get('force_skin') )

{	// Skin switching is allowed for this blog: ?>

<div class="bSideItem">

<h3><?php echo T_('Choose skin') ?></h3>

<ul>

<?php // ------------------------------- START OF SKIN LIST -------------------------------

for( skin_list_start(); skin_list_next(); ) { ?>

<li><a href="<?php skin_change_url() ?>"><?php skin_list_iteminfo( 'name', 'htmlbody' ) ?></a></li>

<?php } // ------------------------------ END OF SKIN LIST ------------------------------ ?>

That's the only "skin real estate" that you will free up. The long list of skins is produced by the php code, not in some long file somewhere. In fact, the list of skins is created on the fly by any folders in your /skins directory.

Anyway, if you remove the above snippet of code you won't have any skins list appear in your source. Hope that helps!
nate

3 Jul 31, 2006 00:46

Unfortunately not all skins have the "if( ! $Blog->get('force_skin') )" part in them, so sometimes you turn it off in the back office and it stays on in public. Bummer, but find a part that looks like what Nate showed you then either make it be the same OR delete it from your skin.

4 Jul 31, 2006 00:49

Perfect! List is history and I'm rapidly getting to where I want to be. I did have to remove a couple more lines after what you posted [ </ul> and <?php ) ?>] but I figured it out quickly.

Thanks very much for the info!!

Form is loading...