Recent Topics

1 Jul 31, 2006 02:31    

At the moment, if a plugin ends in '.plugin.php' and in your plugins folder it gets included by b2evo.

Can it be changed so this only happens within the plugins folder and the first set of children folders. So;
/plugins/
/plugins/myplugin/

Are scanned, but not;
/plugins/myplugin/anotherdir/

As if there are plugins in a plugin's sub-dir then they are probably children of that plugin, and the plugin would want to handle their loading and installing.

And also it would be useful for plugin developers as we could have;

/plugins/myplugin/
  _myplugin.plugin.php
  /dev/
    /trunk/
    /branches/
    /tags/

Etc, and then the root _myplugin.plugin.php will just include the actual plugin's php file of whatever build they want.

Cheers.

2 Jul 31, 2006 22:00

balupton wrote:

At the moment, if a plugin ends in '.plugin.php' and in your plugins folder it gets included by b2evo.

Can it be changed so this only happens within the plugins folder and the first set of children folders. So;
/plugins/
/plugins/myplugin/

Are scanned, but not;
/plugins/myplugin/anotherdir/

The behaviour you describe is the one we currently have, isn't it?

I was actually planning to scan all subdirs and especially remember where a plugin is located, to load it quicker (which also should help with /plugins/_my.plugin.php vs /plugins/my_plugin/_my.plugin.php).

Do I miss something?

3 Aug 01, 2006 12:24

The behaviour you describe is the one we currently have, isn't it?

I thought you changed it to scan all subdirs? So /plugins/panels_plugin/panels/mypanel.panel.plugin.php would be added automaticly.... Which is something i do not think should happen...

4 Aug 01, 2006 22:22

How does /plugins/panels_plugin/panels/mypanel.panel.plugin.php then get discovered?

It should show up in the list of available plugins, shouldn't it? At least this is what "grouping" was meant for, also.

Form is loading...