Recent Topics

1 Aug 03, 2006 20:58    

That'd be somehow done in /inc/MODEL/comments/_comment.class.php around line 355 where anyone who isn't a member is called a visitor. To me a visitor is someone who stayed long enough to comment. A trackbacker (trackerback?) is someone who grabbed my trackback url and ran off to their own blog to post and trackback. It'd make a clear distinction between the two forms of commenting.

I guess pingbacks too, but they're on the way out so why bother.

2 Aug 20, 2006 16:14

I don't like the [Visitor] and [Member] following the author's name so I uncommented those two lines in that file mentioned above. Couldn't it be possible to make the appaerance of those two strings customizable?

3 Aug 22, 2006 13:06

I like to add, maybe trackbacks should be in a separate grouping than the comments ^_^

4 Aug 22, 2006 15:58

Laibcoms wrote:

I like to add, maybe trackbacks should be in a separate grouping than the comments ^_^

That one you can do. Check out the originalb2 skin's _main.php file to see how your feedback on any given post can be sorted into comments then trackbacks then pingbacks. It's partially in _main and it might also be done in _feedback.php and/or _lastcomments.php. Once you see the bit that does it you'll say "aha!".

Form is loading...