Recent Topics

1 Aug 09, 2006 01:56    

Can anyone give me any idea about how to get rid of the white space between my header/bloglist and my sidebar?
http://www.moonchild.ch/blog/

2 Aug 09, 2006 03:54

You might be able to use a background image (just a block of that blue color, set to the right width) floated to the left inside your bloglist. There will still be a line going through it from the border around the bloglist, though.

Otherwise, you're going to have to move the bloglist into the .bPosts section of your skin, which could get a bit tricky and would require you to play around with the CSS and the _main.php file.

Depends what you're more comfortable with.

3 Aug 09, 2006 05:05

What white space? the tiny white space between the blue lines and the sidebar?

4 Aug 09, 2006 23:08

No, the space *above* the sidebar, below the page header.

I did move the bloglist into the bPosts section. I like it there, but it didn't solve the problem. I've been doing tons of back and forth with the CSS and _main.php files! There were all sorts of weird things happening, like non-breaking spaces creating line breaks, h3 tags showing hover attributes . . . I had items with the same tags acting like three different classes! I solved the problem of the white space by adding a space in the _main.php after <div class="pageheader"> and that filled the color right in, but the top sections of the sidebar were doing odd things. I finally figured out that I had an anchor that didn't recognize its closing slash. IOW, I had <body><a name="top" /> which I had to change to <body><a name="top"></a>
And now everything works beeeauuutifully!

Form is loading...