1 Aug 09, 2006 12:17    

Host: Infomaniak.ch
PHP: 4.3.10
MySQL: 4.0.16-log
B2evo: 1.8

Since i updated to 1.8 i found 2 problems:

1) the RSS feed are not working anymore, i got this since 1.8 :

http://www.vajra.be/index.php?tempskin=_rss2

Warning: main(/home/www/3919671c4f50aa1aef6731f51154d469/web/skins//_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/3919671c4f50aa1aef6731f51154d469/web/inc/_blog_main.inc.php on line 489

We don't know where to start to fight this problem.

2) we have 2 blogs + the BlogAll wich is the one in the front page.
one of these blogs http://www.vajra.be/index.php/produits shows with no problems the category, this blog is using the same Custom skin has the BlogAll of the frontpage, but this last one is Not showing the Category at all ! the other blog is also a modified custom skin for the NL part of the website and shows the category with no problems..so i don't get the point..
already verified the code to see if something is missing in that part of the template and i know it's not the case since http://www.vajra.be/index.php/produits use the same skin and show the category with no problems at all ...

so...i pray someone can help for this, we don't want to downgrade just for this little problems, since we are very happy with the antispam features and overall stability, fast of the 1.8 summer beta !

best regards,

Ben b.

2 Aug 09, 2006 12:27

In answer to your first problem, the following folders appear to be missing from your skins folder (http://www.vajra.be/skins/)
1) _atom
2) _rdf
3) _rss
4) _rss2

Those four are the feed skins, in their various flavours.

¥

3 Aug 09, 2006 12:32

Whoo !! thanks for so fast reply ! indeed the first issue is working already :) thanks again !

what do you think about the second issue ?

4 Aug 09, 2006 12:35

I think I don't understand the problem ;)

¥

6 Aug 09, 2006 12:53

You need to go into both your blogs (not blog all) settings and tick "include in public blog list", then the categories should show up.

¥

7 Aug 09, 2006 13:04

OK it's done, but this don't show up the categories,
it looks weird, why 3 blogs shows the categories
and the main blog don't...

all skins for the 3 blogs started from the same "custom skin" coming in the package b2evolution-1.8.0-2006-07-09, we don't touch on the code we don't need to touch..why 3 blogs show them well and the main principal don't..

this is the code that shows the categories in the custom skin used by all blogs :

<?php
// -------------------------- CATEGORIES INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
// Call the Categories plugin:
$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_Cats', array( // Add parameters below:
) );
// -------------------------------- END OF CATEGORIES ----------------------------------
?>

/me getting crazy! thanks for your help :)

8 Aug 09, 2006 14:18

Hello, I've got the same problem, if you find something, please write your solution here :)

9 Aug 09, 2006 15:43

yep, ok i will..still need to find that solution :)

10 Aug 09, 2006 17:00

Sorry, I had to go wander round a field for a tad :P

Try ticking the "display public bloglist" as well, and seeing if that makes them show.

¥

11 Aug 09, 2006 17:12

OoOOpss.. :D indeed it works like that ! now my problem is that the guys at work don't want the list of blogs to be on top on their home page...

any chance to get it back like before 1.8 ?

Thanks for your time !

12 Aug 09, 2006 17:24

That's the easy bit, near the top of your skin (_main.php) you'll have something like this :-

<?php
	// --------------------------- BLOG LIST INCLUDED HERE -----------------------------
	require( dirname(__FILE__).'/_bloglist.php' );
	// ------------------------------- END OF BLOG LIST --------------------------------
?>

Just delete it ;)

¥

13 Aug 09, 2006 18:05

Indeed, works great, but i finally got the guys at work to like it that way without removing this last line of code..so well...problem is solved !

thanks again !

ben b.

www.buzzworkers.com

14 Aug 09, 2006 18:20

lol, if only you'd convinced them that they didn't really want categories on the front page as well ;)

Glad yer sorted ;)

¥

Form is loading...