Recent Topics

1 Aug 11, 2006 19:33    

Is there a way to connect my b2evolution blog to my website? And what do I have to do? :?:

2 Aug 13, 2006 20:22

Can you elaborate a bit on what you want?

3 Aug 13, 2006 23:41

I want to post email articles I receive on the blog, but don't want to re-write them. Is that possible? In other words I receive special news update via my website emails. How do I transmit these to the blog?

4 Aug 14, 2006 09:35

It is possible to turn on blog by email, you can find the instructions on how to set it up somewhere in the backoffice...

But b2evolution also uses the moveableblog (i think) api, so you can hook 3rd part blog writers up to it.

5 Aug 14, 2006 23:14

I have just posted in my HDS Blog and my HDS News separate stories. But the News information is in the Blog page. How can I separate them?

http://www.homedesignsense.com/blog/index.php

Click on HDS Blog and see the posts. Now click on HDS News and you will see the same ones. But I don't want them on the same page.

6 Aug 15, 2006 09:55

The first blog is a 'all' blog, it shows all the posts in all (public) blogs.

You will need to make a new blog instead.

7 Aug 15, 2006 14:05

But I already have th 3 blogs - HDS, News and HDS Update. So what do I change o have to add? I don't understand? Sorry for my being blog illiterate.

8 Aug 15, 2006 14:14

Blog number 1 contains the posts from all the other blogs as well. This is done by default.

So you will need to make another blog call it H.D.S Blog and then import all your old posts by copy and paste.

Big inconvenience but it is talked about in the default posts that come with a b2evolution install....

10 Aug 15, 2006 15:39

Actually one can move blog posts from one blog to another by moving the category the posts are in. in conf/_admin.php or conf/_advanced.php there is a setting for cross posting. Option 3 allows you to move categories around. I think you also have to set ... aw crap lemme look it up.

Okay. conf/_admin.php, first set $allow_cross_posting to 3 and set $allow_moving_chapters to true. Might not need that but do it anyway because soon you'll undo it. Save and upload that file and visit your categories tab in your back office. Select a category in blog 1 and edit it. Now you can move the cat to a different blog. Like magic! After you move all your cats out of blog 1 edit the file again and put your variables back to where you had them, save it and upload it and live a happy life free of unhappy thoughts and things.

11 Aug 15, 2006 15:53

Thanks. Will give it a try.

12 Aug 15, 2006 23:09

but how does one make another blog the (default) displayed blog once you are set with this change. Seeing as I dont have the option of deleteing Blog All. Btw the shift from one blog to the other is sweet.

Automatic detection by index.php Match absolute URL or use default blog (Current default : Blog All)

It doesn't want to change this when I try to do so via the backoffice.

Form is loading...