Recent Topics

1 Aug 13, 2006 21:24    

We just recently installed and setup the b2evolution blogs on our site. I am administrator. In order to train everyone here on how to sign up as a blogger I went to a different computer (I enabled all cookies) and tried to sign up a new blogger. At first it kept coming back that I would have to validate the newcomer, but I could not figure out how to do that. So I unchecked the validation requirements, then tried again. I have raised the level of all newcomer to permissions to 5 and previledge blogger. Now when "Glen" tries to sign up I keep getting the same message.

"Since you are a newcomer you will have to wait for an administrator to authorize you to post . Needed to be promoted. "

How do I do that?

Thanks

boca

2 Aug 13, 2006 23:09

Have you gone to blog settings - click on the blog - click on the group permissions, then set group permissions as you like. New users should inhereit these privileges.

Also, make sure you have set on the advanced tab there - default feedback status - as published.

3 Aug 14, 2006 15:51

Advanced tab - default feedback status is published.
The group permissions is as member.
In the App Settings - the group for new users: Previledged Bloggers
Level fo new users 6

I still cannot get Glen to be able to post. It gives me the same error message as above.

If I change the group permissions to editor he can post, but he could also change any blog which I don't want, so I put him back down to member.

I just don't have any idea what to do. I am a newby at blogs and this really has me confused.

Thanks,

4 Aug 14, 2006 16:16

I think you'll be better off using the 'user permissions' tab on each blog in your 'blog settings' tab to give permissions to each user on each blog you want them to post in.

5 Aug 14, 2006 16:49

I have done that, I only have 2 blogs setup for test, but it won't let "Glen" post. It keeps coming back with Since you area newcomer you'll have to wait for an admin to authorize to to post. Need promotion. I have user permissions set at priviledged blogger, #9 in both blogs. But glen still cannot post.

6 Aug 14, 2006 17:31

What version are you running?

Got link?

7 Aug 14, 2006 18:19

My programmer (who is on vacation this week) just installed the latest that was available. At the bottom of my blog setting page it said:

b2evolution 1.8-beta – GPL License – ©2001-2002 by Michel V & others – ©2003-2006 by François PLANQUE & others.

8 Aug 14, 2006 20:22

In user permissions you can go to wide format and tweak the permissions, so they can post but not edit the blog.

9 Aug 14, 2006 21:41

I know nothing about php and I am a newby to blogs. What do you mean wide format and tweak the permissions.

10 Aug 14, 2006 23:01

On your user permissions page, to the right are links/buttons that say "simple" and "wide". If you click on the wide button, it will give you an expanded options list for the user rather than the simple(default) limited permissions for you to change (tweak). :D

11 Aug 15, 2006 01:06

mrdav you are an absolute genius ! My blogs finally work and they can post. This is great ! I really appreciate your help.

Form is loading...