Recent Topics

1 Aug 14, 2006 20:22    

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I sure would appreciate anyone's advice if possible.

I'm trying to set up a blogging system that does the following:

1. Allows for multiple users where each user has their own blog.

2. Allows for a single page that displays the current activity of the blogs within the system
( nothing too fancy, just reading from multiple feeds ).

3. Allows administrative control over all.

Here's an example of how it would work.

Lets say I would like to create a family news site for my family called "www.thompson.com".
Each family member emails me saying that they would like to be apart of the family new site. I email them back with a username and password. they sign in at thompson.com. they are directed to their blog where they can make and edit posts but not change anything else.

Then, when anyone, including those not apart of my family, go to thompson.com, they see all of the new posts made by my family members in order by date and time of posting. When the visitor clicks on one of the post titles on thompson.com it takes them to appropriate family members blog. There is also a list of members in a sidebar on thompson.com if someone say, went to thompson.com and wanted to look at a specific family member's blog.

I hope all of this was clear. I will definitely try to clarify if necessary.

Do you guys think that b2evolution is the right choice for me, or should I look elsewhere, like Nucleus etc.

Thanks.

Will

3 Aug 15, 2006 00:38

b2evolution can do 1,2 & 3 (and more!) :D

It's a great choice! (Especially the new version, with all the plugins coming out. You'll soon be awash in cool stuff.) ;)

Form is loading...