Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2006 16:53    

I have downloaded the StockholmRemix and installed it. Now I get the following when I bring up my blog site:

Please, do not access this page directly.

I am pretty good at HTML but I am over my head with CSS, etc.

Dave

2 Aug 19, 2006 17:04

Probably due to the skin not matching your b2evolution version. What version are you running?

3 Aug 19, 2006 17:09

I am running v 0.9.1 b2evolution.

Dave

4 Aug 19, 2006 17:41

You are probably using a skin meant for v1.6 - they won't work going backwards. Old skins won't work going forward either. Check your _main.php file and see if you have this line:

if( !defined('DB_USER') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

You probably don't. You probably have something similar, but not that exactly.

Assuming that's the case try http://wonderwinds.com/StockholmRemix.zip and see if that works.

5 Aug 19, 2006 18:03

Is this supposed to be funny. The link you sent me is offensive.

Are you really trying to help?

Dave

6 Aug 19, 2006 18:10

Main_php file has this statement:

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

Does this help?

Dave

7 Aug 19, 2006 19:19

Oops! Left out a folder name. Try http://wonderwinds.com/downloads/StockholmRemix.zip instead. If I wasn't trying to help I wouldn't have bothered replying. If you're so easily offended you might want to stay off the internet.

Yeah that line means you're using a skin for 1.6 (or beyond) and therefore won't work.

8 Aug 19, 2006 19:54

I suppose that I should have the version updated to 1.6 or newer for best results. Would you agree?

Dave

9 Aug 19, 2006 20:20

This gets a bit confusing, especially if you want a skin not included in the distribution package.

If you want to upgrade to the strongest release of the 0.* series then go with 0.9.2. There are quite a few skins available for that release, even if they don't seem to be available on the skins site. I overhauled a bunch of oldies a long time ago is the only reason I have them on my web.

For the best of the latest generation you would want to upgrade to 1.8.1, but there is an annoying bug in the upgrade process. The skins for 1.6 won't work in 1.8 or 1.8.1 and we don't have skins publicly available yet, so that's a drawback from that angle. I'm working on 15 skins plus kubrick2evo again, but it's taking a heck of a lot longer than I wanted it to. Lotsa details to clean up is the thing. I'm almost at the point where fiddling with the details is something I might give up on, but I'm not wired that way so...

Bottom line is go with 0.9.2 for a rock-solid blog with a good assortment of skins (somewhere!), or 1.8.1 for an extremely cool release with an assortment of skins on the way.

10 Aug 19, 2006 20:28

I kinda like the StockholmRemix skin because it has 3 columns + some other features. It appears that there is a version of Stockholmremix for 1.6+. If that is the case should we upgrade to the later version.

Sorry to be a pain. But I am just learning about this stuff and it is getting confusing.

Dave

11 Aug 19, 2006 20:35

No worries! It is quite confusing at first. Basically skins always follow releases. Sometimes you don't have to do much to make your skin work in the next version, and sometimes you have to work like crazy to upgrade the skin. The jump from 0.9 to 1.6 was a lot of work. From 1.6 to 1.8 wasn't so bad, but so far we haven't had much time to upgrade the skins we've got.

Go with 1.8.1 and I'll send you a link to that skin for that version. You can debug it with me. It'll work - no problem there. It's just that you might find a detail or two that doesn't look like it blends with the rest of the skin.

Lemme know if you're into trying it out!

12 Aug 21, 2006 03:37

I am working on my blog site and I need a few suggestions.

1) How do I change the color and size of the title and subtitle at the top of the page. I have tried everything I can think of with success.

2) How to I change the Case of the text that is showing up in all upper case to upper and lower case.

By the way I have not updated the system to the new version yet.

Dave

13 Aug 22, 2006 16:16

I have updated to 1.8.1. How can I get the version of Stockholmremix to work?

Dave

Form is loading...