Recent Topics

1 Aug 20, 2006 13:44    

hi there,

just started out with b2evo. got it all running (1.8.1RC) and downloaded the kurbik2evo skin from the 1.6 skins page. after settiung the eblog to use this skin i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Item::permalink() in PATH _TO_DIRECTORY\kubrick2evo\_main.php on line 90

i'm guessing this skin isn't compatible with the b2evo release i'm using?

any help appreciated!

2 Aug 20, 2006 15:46

You can replace all "permalink()" commands with "permanent_url()" wich worked for me. Also replace your _feedback.php with a default one from another skin which just calls the default _feedback.php code. Otherwise visitors won't be able to comment. Off course you can also start with the _feedback.php file listed in the skins directory, copy it to the kubrick directory and modify it to your favorite layout.

You will also have to edit the permalink in some other files of the kubrick skin. I think the translation of the skin to 1.8.1 isn't completely finished.

Good luck!

3 Aug 20, 2006 21:27

In a couple of hours I'll publish a post with a link to a temporary skins demo blog for 1.8.0 and 1.8.1. For those out there who've used k2e with their own header image you'll be able to use the same one with the next version. Also it'll have a pink k2e inside the stock blue one for anyone into the pinkified version :D

4 Aug 20, 2006 21:31

Whoow, cool :-)

/me likes kubrick2evo but had a little trouble with the version of yesterday.

5 Aug 20, 2006 21:49

hi guys, thanx for your help. i'll edit the files for now. looking forward to the updates skins!

6 Aug 21, 2006 14:31

I had to edit Kubrick myself to get it working on 1.8 because I changed over before an official release of the skin was available.

Here's the result www.cartmel-bar.co.uk.

What do you think?

Form is loading...