Recent Topics

1 Aug 24, 2006 22:54    

I did an upgrade install today, and it all went smoothly, until I tried uploading a file. I get a screen of junk:

<!-- /** * Mighty cool function to append an input or textarea element onto another element. * * @usedby addAnotherFileInput() */ function appendLabelAndInputElements( appendTo, labelText, labelBr, inputOrTextarea, inputName, inputSizeOrCols, inputMaxLengthOrRows, inputType, inputClass ) { // LABEL: // var fileDivLabel = document.createElement("div"); // fileDivLabel.className = "label"; var fileLabel = document.createElement('label'); var fileLabelText = document.createTextNode( labelText ); ...etc...

If I try to use the file manager, it just shows me nothing but a few buttons at the top.

I tried creating a new directory, and it worked for one click, then went back to the same non-fucntionality. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it since it's not telling me anything I can make sense of.

2 Aug 24, 2006 23:47

Maybe you got a crumped up file? Grab a fresh copy of the version you're running, unzip it, delete everything in the inc folder from your server, and upload the same from your freshly unzipped package. Shotgun! "Mighty cool function" shows up only in inc/VIEW/files/_files_upload.inc.php, so you could try to just replace only that file, or maybe just that directory, but - hey - shotguns work. Especially when you're surrounded by zombies. BLAM! BLAM!

3 Aug 25, 2006 17:13

Thanks. I tried out what you said, but am still getting the same issue. I guess for now maybe I'll try a few other downloads, since I don't know what else to do.

4 Aug 25, 2006 17:46

Crack open inc/VIEW/files/_files_upload.inc.php and check that the top of the file looks something like this :-

<?php
/**
 * This file implements the UI for file upload.
 * This file is part of the evoCore framework - {@link http://evocore.net/}
 * See also {@link http://sourceforge.net/projects/evocms/}.
 * @copyright (c)2003-2006 by Francois PLANQUE - {@link http://fplanque.net/}
 * Parts of this file are copyright (c)2004-2006 by Daniel HAHLER - {@link http://thequod.de/contact}.
 * {@internal License choice
 * - If you have received this file as part of a package, please find the license.txt file in
 *   the same folder or the closest folder above for complete license terms.
 * - If you have received this file individually (e-g: from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/evocms/)
 *   then you must choose one of the following licenses before using the file:
 *   - GNU General Public License 2 (GPL) - http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php
 *   - Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL) - http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mozilla1.1.php
 * }}
 * {@internal Open Source relicensing agreement:
 * Daniel HAHLER grants Francois PLANQUE the right to license
 * Daniel HAHLER's contributions to this file and the b2evolution project
 * under any OSI approved OSS license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/).
 * }}
 * @package admin
 * {@internal Below is a list of authors who have contributed to design/coding of this file: }}
 * @author blueyed: Daniel HAHLER.
 * @author fplanque: Francois PLANQUE.
 * @version $Id: _files_upload.inc.php,v 1.5.2.1 2006/06/16 21:20:08 fplanque Exp $
 */
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

/**
 * @var Settings
 */
global $Settings;

global $upload_quickmode, $failedFiles;

?>

<script type="text/javascript">
	<!--
	/**
	 * Mighty cool function to append an input or textarea element onto another element.
	 * @usedby addAnotherFileInput()
	 */

¥

5 Aug 25, 2006 19:35

Yes, it does look like that.

I've tried about 6 different versions of the file, all with the same results.

6 Aug 25, 2006 19:55

ok, this is wierd, could you possibly create a test admin user that I could use to have a look? (pm it to me rather than post it here).

¥

7 Aug 28, 2006 17:23

Just in case anyone else is following...I sent my whole install off to someone, and it worked all right on their server, so I took a look at some of the only difference we had...I managed to get the upload and file buttons to work by changing the directory to a subdir of the media folder, instead of the custom path I had been using. Although, oddly, I think it was actually loading the original location, because it was listing all the files, and I noticed this at the bottom of the list:

*Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in */home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/reviews.goshenpubliclibrary.org/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/settings/_abstractsettings.class.php* on line *340*
SIF

It stopped in the F's...now it has changed to the new directory, because it no longer finds any files, and rightly so as they aren't there yet.

Now my server seems to have gone down so I can't play around with this any further, but I'm wondering what to make of or do about that error? Never got it in 1.8 beta.

8 Aug 28, 2006 17:34

I answered the memory thing myself by searching around some more...I had upped the memory for php to 12M last week, but see that I might need to up it to 16M. Once my server comes back up I'll try that.

9 Aug 28, 2006 17:48

lol, damn, that's almost a record for most emails in 10 minutes :p

Shout back if the memory increase doesn't cure things

¥

10 Aug 28, 2006 17:51

At least they were nice and short! :)

Thanks for helping me out.

12 Aug 28, 2006 18:19

OK...my server came back up, I upped my memory...and ended up back to the same place I started just with a different directory.

I changed the directory, it then loaded the OLD one...but I still got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/reviews.goshenpubliclibrary.org/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/settings/_abstractsettings.class.php on line 340
SIF

I think maybe it doesn't like one or more of my files. I had uploaded them, so they'd be there. That's when I got issues. I deleted them and left just the subdirectory and The upload and files buttons seem to be OK.

I started reuploading images in small batches...once I get to 80 files it seems to start running into trouble. First it will start leaving some out of the list, then I'll get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/reviews.goshenpubliclibrary.org/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/settings/_abstractsettings.class.php on line 340
SIF

That was with 88 uploaded.

13 Aug 28, 2006 18:22

damn, I'm gonna have to upload 88 images to see if this fails? :O

¥

14 Aug 28, 2006 18:35

I never had that issue with the old install. I started wondering if maybe it didn't like one of the files or something...like maybe one of them was corrupted or some such thing...but it doesn't seem to be any specific file, it seems to be the number of files. I suppose I could just leave the new directory empty, let it fill, and see what happens. But I'd hate to run into this down the road and have to just keep creating new directories. I wanted to try to keep all the images in one spot.

15 Aug 28, 2006 18:39

Hmm...I was just looking at that memory error...it seems that even though I allocated 12M and then 16M that my server is still only using 8M. Safe Mode isn't on int he PHP install on the server, and it let me change the ini file....but if it can't use the extra memory would I be better off to set it back to 8 so it won't try to allocate more?

16 Aug 28, 2006 18:44

Well, I just moved 194 images to blog A on the install I sent you in pm and I have no errors?

It would really help if I could recreate this :S

How big is your folder?

¥

17 Aug 28, 2006 18:56

721251 bytes us how large the folder is with all the images

It worked fine in the 1.8 beta install as well. So it's all very confusing

18 Aug 28, 2006 23:34

hmmmm, mines over 2 meg ..... any chance you could zip up your image folder and I'll move it to the test blog I sent you ?

¥

19 Aug 29, 2006 00:17

TechiMi, have you edited the php.ini file directly, rather than adding

ini_set('memory_limit', '16M');

e.g. in /conf/_basic_conf.php?

You probably have to restart your server.. also, take a look at the output of

phpinfo();

what it says about "memory_limit" and especially the location of php.ini. (just create a script, e.g. "p.php" with "<?php phpinfo(); ?>" in there.)

Line 340, where the error appears, seems to be

$Debuglog->add( $debugMsg.var_export( $r, true ), 'settings' );

You may safely comment this out, because it's just meant for debugging. But I'm sure, it won't cure the problem, because the memory will get exhausted somewhere else then probably.

20 Aug 29, 2006 18:13

Yes, I did edit my php.ini file directly. I can't reboot the server though. My domain is hosted and it's on a shared server.

I checked the phpinfo and the memory limit still says 8MB.

21 Aug 29, 2006 18:46

Then "just" use the ini_set('memory_limit', '16M'); method.

Or you could use php_value in your .htaccess, if your server uses PHP as a Apache module.

I'd go the first way.

22 Aug 29, 2006 18:59

OK, I reset the php.ini file to its original 8M and added that code into my _basic_config and I uploaded my images and hit the files button and got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 89 bytes) in /home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/reviews.goshenpubliclibrary.org/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/files/_file.class.php on line 223

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in /home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/reviews.goshenpubliclibrary.org/b2/blogs/inc/MODEL/sessions/_session.class.php on line 389

does 1.8.1 use more memory? I really never saw this with 1.8

23 Aug 29, 2006 19:14

OK...I looked in the KB for my host, and I can't change my php.ini b/c of my plan, but they told me one way to try to get around it, which I think has worked. So hopefully I may finally be good to go...

*knocks on wood*

24 Aug 29, 2006 19:36

Yay! I was even able to put my images directory back to the original. So it looks like this was somehow all about memory.

Form is loading...