Recent Topics

1 Aug 26, 2006 02:39    

I have installed 1.8.1, and this is my first time setting up a blog, and I'm illiterate in php... I see the directions quoted below, but cannot find a /blogs/admin folder leaving me just the one sample.htaccess file in the blogs folder that I can find... The server is using Apache... Could it be that these are directions for an older B2 version, or is there something I'm missing...? And if just the one I'm assuming I should change it...?

"In the /blogs folder as well as in /blogs/admin there are two files called [sample.htaccess]. You should try renaming those to [.htaccess].

This will optimize the way b2evolution is handled by the webserver (if you are using Apache). These files are not active by default because a few hosts would display an error right away when you try to use them. If this happens to you when you rename the files, just remove them and you'll be fine."

Thanks,

John.

2 Aug 26, 2006 09:02

you're right, admin folder exist in version 0.9.x but not in version 1.8.x so you have to rename only sample.htaccess found in root folder.

Form is loading...