Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2006 01:29    

Hi!

I have a small blog and haven't yet been hit hard by spam, although I had a couple of waves of comment spam. There was another one yesterday and I had some spare time, so I decided to add a simple verification image (like the large blog sites do, just not quite as fancy).

The hack requires changes to the skins (_feedback.php) and a b2evo file (comment_post.php) but should not be too complicated (10 minutes maybe) if you have some basic PHP knowledge.

I did check the forum here and did not find anything similar and think this is the right place to share, but please bear with me if this is old and boring stuff or entirely misplaced alltogether.

I posted instructions on my blog, so if you're interested, follow this [url=http://www.blueflash.cc/blog/index.php/main/2006/08/30/verification_code_b2evolution_php]link[/url].

Enjoy

Markus

2 Oct 05, 2006 02:09

This looks like a handy app. I can't believe nobody has made this before, or included it as a plugin or standard feature in B2. One problem, I don;t think it will work with 1.8 and higher, or it needs different installation instructions. I tried to follow your directions but the feedback.php file is different in version 1.8 of B2.

3 Oct 06, 2006 20:32

In fact I'm not the first ... most of this stuff just goes under the name of CAPTCHA (I just found that out after I made mine), even in this forum is a big thread. And I was told there's also a captcha plugin for B2 but I didn't bother looking for it since I had my solution already.

Markus

Form is loading...