Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2006 04:23    

In version 1.8.1- I am trying to close comments in the All Messages blog and the Link blog, so that they are available for reference only... I've assumed that this is done by ticking the closed button in the comments part of the Write tab, in Admin or Backoffice... When I do so, in either or both (or any), it also ticks the closed button in the write tab of all of the other blogs I've set up as well... As if in effect there is just one button for all blogs, regarding this, even though there is a section in the write tab section for each blog...

Also, when I tick a different button and then go to switch tabs from the Write tab (say to Settings, or whatever...) it tells me I haven't submitted changes, but I can't see in the Write tab any way to actually submit changes... The save button below the message block doesn't accomplish it...

I am very new to this so I'm guessing I'm missing something... I have looked a while for something that addresses this in the forum and the manual with no success...

John.

2 Aug 31, 2006 20:16

To not show the comments on the all messages blog, will only work when you don't show the feedbacklink on that page..
Since all messages blog does not exist as such, it will inherred all functions from the other blogs...

It is possible I think that you can 'close comments' on the all blog, but indeed, that would close comments for all blogs...

Use a different skin (maybe just a copy with the feedbacklink removed) vor the blog all blog...

Form is loading...