Recent Topics

1 Sep 10, 2006 14:38    

I can't get it working. :(

I followed the instructions, and the admin panel works fine, but it doesn't display the image on the commenting page.

I've tried many variants on the path to the fonts such as:

./fonts/
fonts/
../plugins/fonts/

The full path to fonts is:

http://www.workwhiledrunk.com/plugins/fonts/

So thay whould all be valid right?

Which leads me to beleive the path is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

2 Sep 10, 2006 16:41

Does it say that no fonts are found?

Try "../fonts" - the path is relative to the plugin class file, which should be in /plugins/captcha_img_plugin/ - therefor "../fonts" to get to your fonts.

3 Sep 10, 2006 19:07

That gives me the following error:

"Fonts folder plugins/../fonts/ is not readable or does not exist!"

So I'm right in using "fonts/" which would make it "plugins/fonts/".

Interestingly when I try and call it directly via a browser I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagettftext() in /home/.../public_html/plugins/_captcha_img.plugin.php on line 935

4 Sep 10, 2006 19:41

Is the _captcha_img.plugin.php file in /plugins/? (it's supposed to be in a subfolder "captcha_img_plugin" - /plugins/captcha_img_plugin/_captcha_img.plugin.php)

Re: Call to undefined function: imagettftext()
That probably means that you do not have GDLib installed/available.

5 Sep 10, 2006 20:31

OK uninstalled, moved to a folder named as above, installed. Still no joy. :(

Now the error is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagettftext() in /home/.../public_html/plugins/captcha_img_plugin/_captcha_img.plugin.php on line 935

As expected.

My PHPInfo panel in the CPanel of my site says PHP version 4.4.2, GD version 2.0.28 and it says its enabled. Are there any other dependencies?

7 Sep 10, 2006 20:39

Right, so I need my hosting to install an extra bit of software?

8 Sep 10, 2006 20:45

Yes - and it must be available to PHP.

10 Sep 10, 2006 21:51

Sorry.

Maybe another plugin might be as useful.

I've recently thought about having a plugin that just has a radio option "Spammer" and "Human". But no time for it yet (all this support.. ;)

Maybe even the basic antispam plugin (shipped with b2evo) is already enough..

11 Sep 10, 2006 22:27

I'll speak to my hoting co, they might help, or they might not. So far tho, 1.8 has meant I've gone from a spam comment every 5 mins, to none, so I'm happy for now.

12 Sep 11, 2006 18:22

All fixed :) My hosting said it was a fault their end with the build of PHP on my box. It should have worked all along. Cheers for the help!

13 Nov 16, 2006 15:27

HI guys,

I am absolutely new to the world of php and all. Thats why i was delighted that there is a anti spam plugin rather than a hack (since i am not yet daring enought to play with the source code)

However in the captcha_img_plugin READ ME file is mentioned, that I should find an install button or url after i copied the file into the directory plugins.

Unfortunete there is no such thing under Admin Panel :: Settings :: Plug-ins ..
I made a screenshot so you can see what I see.

[url=http://putstuff.putfile.com/4751/2123671]Download captcha_img_plugin.doc[/url]

Can someone please help?

14 Nov 16, 2006 20:47

LiquidFire, you have b2evolution 0.9. Please use 1.8.x instead.

Form is loading...