Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2006 02:13    

I installed everything at work today and didn't think about sending the password home. I tried logging in with a few guesses and eventually chose the "request password" link. It said an email was being sent....but that was like 20 minutes ago. How long does it take? Or did I screw up when I was installing and put in a wrong email (typo)? Is there any way to check? I recall a mention of forgetting a password and having to reinstall everything from scratch and am hoping this isn't the case for me.

Any ideas?

2 Sep 13, 2006 02:28

Okay, I kept digging on the forums and found the answer, although it wasn't quite what I was looking for! I forgot the login was "admin" and it won't send your reset password email unless that is the login you fill in.

Maybe this is a bug - it says it has sent the email when it really hasn't, because the login ID was wrong. As soon as I put admin in the space and hit "send email" it arrived almost instantaneously.

3 Sep 13, 2006 07:01

It's not a bug. It says that even when no email is sent so that someone with bad intentions won't be able to guess their way to a valid login ID.

4 Sep 13, 2006 13:19

EdB wrote:

It's not a bug. It says that even when no email is sent so that someone with bad intentions won't be able to guess their way to a valid login ID.

Ahhhhh, that makes sense! I just never think like someone with evil intent! :)

Form is loading...