Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2006 05:41    

I will first off appoligize if this post is not in the correct place but I figured this was my best bet....

I just have a quick question I have just downloaded the blog engine (newest version) and I have followed the steps and placed it into my web application, however my web application is not yet uploaded to a server it is still located on my own computer.......

I was wondering if there was a way to install and test the blog engine from your own computer before you upload it to a server that supports the PHP and MYSQL database??

4 Sep 13, 2006 16:50

Thank you very much for all your help

5 Sep 13, 2006 18:17

By any chance do you know any tutorials on how to get the vertigo server to run my webpage that I have setup.....

I am currently running the website from my own computer using microsoft visual studio 2005 but it does not support PHP, I have installed the vertigo server and tried to just copy my website over to the www folder but that did not work.

6 Sep 13, 2006 18:52

your site needs to have his residence IN the ww folder and you need
the vertigo server have started (click on the yellow star in the program folder and then click on the window.
then normaly you can just enter localhost in your broser and it should function
(i have no clue about visual studio)

7 Sep 13, 2006 19:37

Thanks for all the help again.......I got it to work just fine and I was right the vertigo server does not handle any asp.net 2.0 pages it only handles http PHP, MYsql and so on but thats ok I can kinda use both programs to get all my testing done.....thanks again

Form is loading...