Recent Topics

1 Sep 13, 2006 16:10    

I've searched and can't seem to find much information on this, unless I'm just tired and overlooking it (in which case I apologize).

I wanted to create my own media folder to upload pics into (so the URL would be shorter -- blogs/pics/ instead of blogs/media/blogs/) except that the image links didn't work and gave me broken photos (i.e. the infamous red X).

Not sure why that wouldn't work, I did upload the pictures via FTP to the blogs/media/blogs folder and changed all the permissions to 777 (as read elsewhere). However, when trying to access the uploaded media via the backend file management tab, it says that no files are found. Why aren't they there? They are obviously uploaded and [url=http://www.hudson2001.com/blogs/index.php?blog=6]on the site/blog[/url]... or does this media section work differently than I'm thinking it does? When I try uploading directly into the media section, I get this error:

An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server. 

I have file upload size set to 300kb, even though the pic I'm trying to upload is only 28k.

And lastly, why doesn't simple code like border="1" work to put a border on the photo??

2 Sep 13, 2006 17:50

hudson2001 wrote:

why doesn't simple code like border="1" work to put a border on the photo??

this is invallid xhtml. And the xhtml-checker bounces on that.
You can put that code in somewhere (but since 1.8.1 I have no clue where, because I did not need it anymore, and so have not searched for it)

3 Sep 13, 2006 17:57

Well, that explains that part! Thanks! I have no clue about xhtml! I'm still wrestling with html and CSS!

4 Sep 13, 2006 18:18

So the best you can do is make a class for your images with border 1 and put in class="imgborder" or something...
That is valid and will work ;)

5 Sep 13, 2006 18:22

Topanga wrote:

So the best you can do is make a class for your images with border 1 and put in class="imgborder" or something...
That is valid and will work ;)

:D It's not THAT important to me.

6 Sep 13, 2006 22:46

my original question wasn't anwered regarding why I couldn't upload to the media section.

And now I have something else. I tried uploading a graphic from the Write tab as was suggested in the docs, but when I do, I get this:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 553 is not allowed to access /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/media/blogs/tom owned by uid 100 in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

I'm not sure what the 553 is, as the properties on all the media folders are 777 or 775. :?:

7 Sep 22, 2006 19:41

Okay, my host had to change some settings and now I can upload directly to the media section. HOWEVER, is this the easiest way to input a photo into a blog entry? I'm spoiled with blogger by being able to click "upload photo" and it uploads it and inputs it directly into the post, code and formatting and all. All I can see how to do it is upload to media, open it, right click to get the address, then input that using the IMG function. Is this it or am I missing something?

8 Sep 22, 2006 22:26

in 1.8.1 an heigher it is working like this

click on upload
choose the mediadir
browse for the pic
click on 'add cocde to post'..

that doesn' sound to difficult, even if it is 1 step more than blogger...

9 Sep 22, 2006 22:38

Topanga wrote:

in 1.8.1 an heigher it is working like this

click on upload
choose the mediadir
browse for the pic
click on 'add cocde to post'..

that doesn' sound to difficult, even if it is 1 step more than blogger...

Okay, I must be blind. :D

EDITED OUT INITIAL POST: Yes, I was blind. I totally missed the "upload" button on the actual post screen itself! 8|

10 Feb 09, 2007 17:05

hudson2001 wrote:

Okay, my host had to change some settings and now I can upload directly to the media section. HOWEVER, is this the easiest way to input a photo into a blog entry? I'm spoiled with blogger by being able to click "upload photo" and it uploads it and inputs it directly into the post, code and formatting and all. All I can see how to do it is upload to media, open it, right click to get the address, then input that using the IMG function. Is this it or am I missing something?

Old problem with new blog: I have added a new blog, but cannot upload to it. I am getting the same error as I did before:

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 553 is not allowed to access /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/media/blogs/iraq owned by uid 100 in /home/jhudson2/domains/hudson2001.com/public_html/blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/files.php on line 1037

I have made no changes to my site other than adding the new blog. All the permissions on the media/blogs folders are set to 775 and I can upload photos to all other blogs except this new one. I tried changing the permissions to 777 and that didn't help either. I can't even MANUALLY upload the file via ftp. :!:

Help! It's hubby's Iraq blog, and he needs to be able to easily upload photos! I have to be missing something simple!!

11 Feb 09, 2007 20:24

Is this the same host? If so you might have to get with them to set you up again. It seems really strange that you can't FTP files there though.

12 Feb 09, 2007 21:26

EdB wrote:

Is this the same host? If so you might have to get with them to set you up again. It seems really strange that you can't FTP files there though.

Yep, same host. Same directories. I just added a new blog...

I am going to forget about it until I get home, then try on that computer. I am hoping it was just a momentary glitch... Thanks.

Form is loading...