Recent Topics

1 Sep 20, 2006 13:28    

Ok, I'm an idiot. Ive just set up my first Blog with this software (feeling pretty proud at 59) annd tried to log on as a user to the index page only to get an FTP reuqest for name and password. Im sure my potential users dont want to to get that screen. What have I done wrong and how can I fix?
Graham

2 Sep 20, 2006 17:13

Tell us a bit more, please.

Did you install it yourself, or use a service like Fantastico to get your blog running? If you used Fantastico then you log on with the login name and password you told it during setup. If you installed it yourself then did you run b2evolution's installer located at yourdomain.tld/path_to_blog/install/index.php? After doing that it would have made a page that told you your login ID is admin and your password is *something* and that you need to remember it because it is unretrievable.

Tell us how you got to where you are and any details about pages you remember working through, and we'll probably be able to help you out. In fact give us a link to your web and to where you wanted your blog to be. You might be surprised at what we can figure out by poking around a bit ;)

3 Sep 21, 2006 00:57

Yeah, as mentioned, I installed it myself and then ran the installer. Had a few problems with permissions but read the help topics on that here and eventually got it working. Went into back office and did a few suggested things there by hiding the installed postings, picking skin etc etc. All that's working, and yes, I do have the user name and passowrd that was generated when I installed.
As Im new to blogs, im just not sure how people would log onto my blog. Im not live with this site yet but - hey, guess what, I was just about to send you the link thinking it would pop up an FTP access window looking for password etc but this time it hasnt. The url is http://bestonlinetips.com/blogs/. Im still not sure how people would leave a comment on this???
Graham

Form is loading...