Recent Topics

1 Oct 06, 2006 14:12    

Hi all,

I was wondering if auto blog users have a way to change their templates? I don't see any options for that. Any help appreciated!

Raymond

2 Oct 07, 2006 00:23

No.. it's planned to have the "Templates" menu item integrated into the File manager.

A workaround would be to let the users upload a special file/subdirectory into their user directory and use that, but it would include some hacking from your side.

3 Oct 07, 2006 04:41

blueyed wrote:

No.. it's planned to have the "Templates" menu item integrated into the File manager.

A workaround would be to let the users upload a special file/subdirectory into their user directory and use that, but it would include some hacking from your side.

Ok I think I understand. I'll review the forums to see if anyone has done that. I think it would be nice if the users could at least change the entire backgound of there page.

Thanks again,
Raymond

5 Oct 09, 2006 11:31

Another thing I am curious about is how any user can have their own linkblog with the autoblog plugin. I don't see that as an option. Also One flaw I noticed in the autoblog plugin is users can upload files to their directorys but they can't delete them LOL. This issue was reported to me earlier today from a tester. Not sure what the fix is yet. I gave the user a level 10 and he still couldn't delete his own files. Im not sure what to think.

Raymond

6 Oct 09, 2006 13:18

raymond,
Give all feedback of the autoblogplugin to the author of that plugin.
That is the only way to have it solved.
Send him the feedback directly
or put a response to his blog-article
or put a response in the appropriate forumarticle

You quickest way to a solution

7 Oct 10, 2006 04:02

Topanga wrote:

raymond,
Give all feedback of the autoblogplugin to the author of that plugin.
That is the only way to have it solved.
Send him the feedback directly
or put a response to his blog-article
or put a response in the appropriate forumarticle

You quickest way to a solution

Ok will do... Just wasn't sure if the part where users can't delete their own files was related...

Raymond

8 Oct 10, 2006 17:26

raymond3900, look at the blog's user- and group permissions. You (or the plugin) probably have not setup media write perms for the user/group.

9 Oct 11, 2006 11:39

Well the users have everything checked as admin for their own blog... I don't get it really. If I logon as admin then I can delete anyones files.

Raymond

10 Oct 11, 2006 19:05

Please contact me through PM, providing authentication info for an admin and user account. This way we should be able to resolve this quickly.
You may trust me.. :)

11 Oct 12, 2006 09:56

Already sent it to you earlier.... Guess I should of told you that here... LOL

12 Oct 12, 2006 17:56

raymond3900, the "Autoblog Bloggers" have only "Add/Upload" checked in their "Files" permissions. Change that to "edit" and it should work (in the Users tab for the group).

13 Oct 12, 2006 23:24

"blueyed" wrote:

raymond3900, the "Autoblog Bloggers" have only "Add/Upload" checked in their "Files" permissions. Change that to "edit" and it should work (in the Users tab for the group).[/quo

I was always going to the blog settings and looking at permissions there but I see I needed to go to the users tab instead and then highlight the user group and viloa.... lol... NOOB! Least im glad it wasn't a op sys permission. Thanks again blueyed! You da MAN! I still don't see how to give everyone a style.css in the dir

Raymond

14 Oct 13, 2006 00:21

Just put a style.css in the blog's directory. If you have not un-checked that it gets considered in the blog's properties, it should get added to the blog.

15 Oct 13, 2006 00:46

blueyed wrote:

Just put a style.css in the blog's directory. If you have not un-checked that it gets considered in the blog's properties, it should get added to the blog.

Well where do I get the file? LOL It is checked in the settings though. Also I know this is off topic, but if I was to re-download 1.8.2 did you put the new hit class.php file in the install after you fixed it, or would I need to apply the fix again? Have a great Day!

Raymond

16 Oct 13, 2006 01:10

Fixes will be included in 1.8.3, when it gets released.

And about style.css:
you would define overrides there for the usual style that the blog uses. You have to create this file. It gets included after the regular CSS for the blog and if you would define e.g.
[code]
* { color:red; }
[code]
therein, everything would get displayed in red for this blog.

17 Oct 13, 2006 03:11

blueyed wrote:

Fixes will be included in 1.8.3, when it gets released.

And about style.css:
you would define overrides there for the usual style that the blog uses. You have to create this file. It gets included after the regular CSS for the blog and if you would define e.g.
[code]
* { color:red; }
[code]
therein, everything would get displayed in red for this blog.

Ok I see... So then you can do that for backgound images and background sounds etc then I take it. I really appreciate all you help blueyed. I am surprised with all you are doing you make the time to comment on some of these posts. Really appreciate your time and efforts.

Raymond

18 Oct 13, 2006 03:21

I'm not sure what the question now is.

Sure, you can override backgrounds with this. E.g.

body {
  background-color:red;
}

would make the background red, instead of the default skin's color.

From now on, everything seems to be basic CSS knowledge and you should just google for it, if you are not yet comfortable with it.

19 Oct 13, 2006 14:40

I was wondering if auto blog users have a way to change their templates

Before uploading the fix, I am including the option of custom css using the b2evo feature "blog css". In this case I would like also to automatically create an empty "style.css" in the user media directory, which the user can customise to override the default style.

I would like to know from blueyed if it is worth to do so.

Yes. Perhaps it's a good idea to have so samples therein, but commented out.

Unfortunately, there is still no editing feature in the filemanager, so people would have to download and re-upload it. Additionally, they cannot overwrite files on upload. Quite a pain. I've filed a bug about the overwriting during upload and awaiting feedback and will look into providing the edit functionality. Perhaps for 1.9.

20 Oct 13, 2006 23:36

Ok, I uploaded the fix and inserted from my side the "blog css" feature option, including the automatic sample "style.css" creation in the user media folder.

21 Oct 13, 2006 23:47

If we're going to change subjects let's start a new forum. This thread started out about users who get a blog from a plugin changing templates. There is a thread somewhere about this plugin, but nothing ever got posted there. After finding out the answer the thread changed to user- and/or blog-specific css files. We've moved on again to include forward-looking releases.

I've gained from this thread, but I'm a forum junkie. What about someone who comes along and searches, then looks at the titles in their search results? Please: when an issue is resolved let's call it done, and if fixing one thing led to another issue let's open a new thread in the appropriate forum.

22 Oct 14, 2006 10:28

Sorry EdB, Yes you are right! The other things should of been a new topic. It is my fault. I got carried away and kept asking dif things as we went along. I will make sure I start new topics after this.

Raymond

Form is loading...