Recent Topics

1 Oct 06, 2006 16:02    

I am using the "plain" skin on b2evo v 0.9.2, but it does not display a list of recent blog entries. How can you generate that and include it as an element on the right hand side, like the calendar, linkblog, etc.? I searched the other skins and suprisingly, didn't see this functionality in any of them. I want to display the titles of the last 10 posts with a link to that entry, so someone can see all the posts from the first page and navigate to older entries, based on the title.

2 Oct 06, 2006 18:23

That feature is 'archives' when you set the archives to 'post by post'...

Have you tried that ?

3 Oct 06, 2006 19:28

thanks; that's what i needed

4 Oct 13, 2007 22:14

Hi Topang. I am looking for the same thing. Where do I find that "archives' feature? Pardon my lack of knowledge I am quite new to b2e. Thks JC

5 Oct 28, 2007 16:03

Hello,

I also would like to have this feature as part of the core preferable or as a side bar widget as long as it is not implemented in the core (IMHO it is so logical that it should be in the core).

I completely disagree with the sugestion to use the archive 'post to post' setting for this. That is definitly not what I want.

I hope someone can help, or someone is willing to implement this,

Sincerely,

Louis

6 Oct 28, 2007 17:12

louis wrote:

I completely disagree with the sugestion to use the archive 'post to post' setting for this. That is definitly not what I want.

The archives widget set to post by post would appear to be exactly what you want? About the only problem I see with it is that it doesn't allow individual settings per instance of widget.

When I get chance I'll be working through all the core widgets to try and move as much as possible to settings

¥

7 Oct 28, 2007 18:31

Sorry,

Unless I am wrong, it does not. The history appears on a second page in the main part of the blog.

What I want to archive is to see it in the sidebar next to the blog.

As an example see http://www.waarbenjij.nu/ "recente berichten" at the left.

Sincerely,

Louis

8 Oct 28, 2007 18:33

I do not think it change the posibilitys, but I should have mentioned that I am using b2e version 2.02

Sincerely,

Louis

9 Oct 28, 2007 18:40

The archives widget should spit out a list of archive links depending on the "mode" that it's in.

If it's in "post by post" then it should kick out links to the actual posts with the post title as the link text?

As I said though, the main problem with the current widget is that it relies on the blog settings instead of being able to have settings per instance, when I get chance I'll try and redress that.

Widgets have only been available since 2.0.x, so I kinda guessed ;)

¥

10 Oct 28, 2007 18:54

Correct, I would like to see a list of recent article titels (links) in the sidebar, just like e.g. the blog description or the calander.

I still do not understand your remarks on the blog setting, I mean it is logical that the blogsetting determines if this "widget" should be shown.

Stil think that archiving and recent article links should not be related.

Sincerely,

Louis

11 Oct 28, 2007 19:40

The blog skin settings decide if the widget is shown or not, but, if the widget had individual settings per instance then you'd be able to use it for recent posts and a "normal" archive widget.

It's pointless having two wheels if one wheel would do both jobs ;)

Until it does have separate settings though, the easiest way to achieve things is to change your blog settings for archives to post by post ( ++ limit of posts that you want ) and then install the current widget into the sidebar where you want the list to appear.

Unfortunately you're also stuck with the title "archives" ( unless you hack the plugin ) as that's hard coded in, but that's another thing I'll rectify when I get chance ;)

¥

12 Oct 28, 2007 20:57

Hello,

Thanks for your answers. I finally understand what to do.
It is not at all logical in my opinion, but it works !

I have an other request, for another topic I think, but never the less I would like to mention it to you. What about a foto galery in the sidebar :>

Thanks!,

Louis

13 Oct 28, 2007 21:27

I resorted to editing/hacking sections of summary.php which works fine. I installed it as a "disp=summary" page but it could easily be added to the SideBar.

Form is loading...