Recent Topics

1 Oct 22, 2006 18:44    

While it should be no secret to anyone managing a web site, Internet Explorer 7 is out of beta.

For those wishing to keep ie6 intact, I found about the only thing that still works:

http://tredosoft.com/IE7_standalone

There are limitations that are explained on the page, but for those that are just curious what their sites (or my site :P) look like in ie7, it's a doable option. And, like I said, if youre not yet ready to make the total switch (assuming you still even use ie6) well this works too.

2 Nov 01, 2006 18:36

I'm suprised that would work, as with the update comes all the updated apis and stuff that many applications would hook into.

But yeh, i believe soon ie7 is going to become a forced update pretty soon, unless you apply a patch avaliable from microsoft sometime before the force.

And the more people that switch the better, ie6 is horrible for the user and developer.

But yeh that would sure come in handy for some people.

3 Nov 01, 2006 23:21

balupton wrote:

And the more people that switch the better, ie6 is horrible for the user and developer.

Assuming they switch to Firefox I'll agree with you cuz microsloth is horrible in general.

4 Nov 02, 2006 06:47

Yeh but IE6 still takes up like 60% of the browser market, and i do know people that prefer to use it. And even some other browsers (e.g. maxthon), just provide a different interface but use the IE APIs so they are still a IE browser.

All the browsers have their own problems, but yeh, it'll be good if they all just switched to Firefox 2, Even though i am a Opera 9 user ;) But run along side Firefox 2 and IE7 for dev reasons.

Form is loading...