Recent Topics

1 Oct 26, 2006 14:01    

This is just an Idea.

It's very hard to embed certain kind media on the blogs due the HTML verification. In order to overcome this I got an idea the "embed media plugin".

How this plugin shoud work at the end user:

[mediaword]data[/mediaword]

Where "mediaword" is defined as part of the configuration of the plugin. On this configuration, also you must specify the HTML of how the data will be rendered

IE:
[youtube]sjlkfjskfhdkjh[/youtube] <--- this should render a youtube video
[mov]httl://www.midomain.com/videos/video001.mov[/mov] <--- this should render Quick Time video
[midi].....[/midi] <-- A midi player
and so...

This is some kind of merge between the "Youtube" plugin and the "Media player"

I'm clear? I thik this cannot be hard to implement havingb vthe source on the 2 plugins.... but I don't know a word of PHP to do it...

2 Oct 27, 2006 14:41

If you look at the source of the youtube plugin you can see where several different embed buttons have been added. It's not hard to copy and paste and add a new one. Give it a try.

3 Oct 30, 2006 18:29

My idea is to make both the tag and HTML asociated to that tag configurable (as in media player plugin)...

That's (i think) is the best way to embed any media on a post without breaking the HTML parser.

Since this is controlled by the b2evo admins you can be more "sure" of the HTML embeded is W3C compilant...

Form is loading...