Recent Topics

1 Oct 31, 2006 18:37    

im tring to extract a couple posts from the backup data and i dont know where to find that infomation at can someone help me please

2 Oct 31, 2006 22:25

I don't know if there IS any information about restoring a couple of posts.

What I did, when a few of my longer posts were inadvertently truncated after an upgrade was:

Restore the entire backup to a new (empty) DB.
Use myPhpAdmin to Find the posts in question.
Cntl "C" copy the old (full) post_content field over the new (truncated) post_content.

You might find it easy enough to create a holder for those posts in your new version (empty posts with the correct title, date, categories, etc.). Then just copy the post_content from the restored DB.

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

3 Oct 31, 2006 23:20

so all the post would be stored in the database????....ok here is whats going on im getting ride of b2evolution and have the back up where can i look so i can kinda copy and paste one or two of the post ????

i also completely delete b2evoluton using fantastico...cuase i upgrade and everything was f-ed and i couldnt even get in the admin section but it did give me a back up of what i had...but i dont know what to do from here

4 Oct 31, 2006 23:52

osrry mods for the double post i did find the info i was looking for it was in the "backup" MySQL dump file with in the backup archive thank u if i have rep to give u i would

5 Nov 01, 2006 00:22

vash,

I'm sorry that you had problems when you upgraded. It's never nice to hear that someone is leaving.

However, if you DO have a backup (yes, all of the post data is stored in a DataBase) ... you should be able to access it, independently of a b2evolution install.

Of course, it's only the raw data, but may be enough to get you where you want to be.

Most web hosts have a utility called "phpMyAdmin" ... usually it can be found in the MySQL Account Maintenance area. It's a great tool for looking into the tables and fields of a MySQL DB.

You may even still have a good b2evolution DB to start from (may not need to restore from backup).

Anyway ... just fire off the phpMyAdmin interface, select your b2evolution DB, look in the evo_posts table for all the post-related information you may wish to extract.

The bad news is that you can only get at the raw data (though I'm sure there's a way to extract the data in a more usable format ... comma-delimited, TXT, ASCII, etc.)

Hope this helps.

6 Nov 01, 2006 18:30

thanks for your help i m useing cpanel so i used a auto install and the databased was uninstalled but i found the info i need within the mysql dump

7 Nov 01, 2006 19:34

No problem, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Form is loading...