Recent Topics

1 Nov 05, 2006 02:01    

I used fantasitco to upgrade another verison of b2evolution and now I"m having a scripting error

Please, do not access this page directly.

If you don't have SSH access, ask support to help you:
- Remove the directory /home/lynnejor/public_html/blog
- Untar /home/lynnejor/fantastico_backups/blog.backup.1162330962.tgz
- Empty the database lynnejor_bvlt1
- Import the file /home/lynnejor/fantastico_backups/blog/backup.sql into the database lynnejor_bvlt1
- Move /home/lynnejor/fantastico_backups/blog to /home/lynnejor/public_html/blog

---

Warning: main(/home/lynnejor/public_html/blog/admin///_main.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lynnejor/public_html/blog/admin/_header.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/lynnejor/public_html/blog/admin///_main.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lynnejor/public_html/blog/admin/_header.php on line 17

http://www.lynnejordan.com/blog/admin/

2 Nov 06, 2006 09:06

Your warning is caused by using an older skin. There were several changes made between previous versions and 1.8.2. There's a page on the [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/]manual[/url] somewhere that tells you how to upgrade a skin, or you can use any of the new ones from the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/]skins[/url] site.

The admin url was also changed for this version, you can find your new admin [url=http://www.lynnejordan.com/blog/admin.php]here[/url]

¥

3 Dec 03, 2006 05:34

Please forgive me if this has been posted before. I did read some topics/posts but not all.

I think I upgraded my blog. Well I tried to. But now, I think my posts are gone. I did get the error that the first poster got, and now I keep getting this message when I try to see my blog page - "Please, do not access this page directly." I am so afraid to try anything (meaning fixing the problem)on the off chance that my posts might still be on my server.

Plus it does not help that I am new to this. Any help?

4 Dec 03, 2006 08:41

Hi Becky. Been a while eh? Welcome to the forums!

So first lets figure out if you've trashed your blog content before we go into the really fun stuff of getting you going again. Big question: did you delete any databases? Big questions always have another biggie right behind them: did you tell fantastico (or any similar installer) to do something with your blog? Your posts and almost all of your settings are stored in your database, so if it's there then you're fine. Eventually your files will make your database spit out web pages again.

As long as you have the database.

Oh ... uh ... got link? We can do a heck of a lot with a link much quicker than by trying to ask the exactly right question. While I'm thinking about questions: What version did you upgrade from and to? Did you run the installer after upgrading, and if so did you select 'upgrade existing blog' or 'new installation'? What time is it? Can someone water my duck for me while I'm in jail?

5 Dec 04, 2006 00:01

EdB wrote:

Hi Becky. Been a while eh? Welcome to the forums!

So first lets figure out if you've trashed your blog content before we go into the really fun stuff of getting you going again. Big question: did you delete any databases?

Hi Ed! I just got home from work. Thanks for the welcome. As far as I know, I did not erase any databases.

EdB wrote:

Big questions always have another biggie right behind them: did you tell fantastico (or any similar installer) to do something with your blog? Your posts and almost all of your settings are stored in your database, so if it's there then you're fine. Eventually your files will make your database spit out web pages again.

As long as you have the database.

I don't think I told fantastico to do anything. I saw that I needed to update and I clicked on the link. Next thing I know, I saw in blue letters that the upgrade failed.

EdB wrote:

Oh ... uh ... got link?

The link? This is the only link I have - http://www.whisperingwindsoftime.com/blog/

EdB wrote:

We can do a heck of a lot with a link much quicker than by trying to ask the exactly right question. While I'm thinking about questions: What version did you upgrade from and to? Did you run the installer after upgrading, and if so did you select 'upgrade existing blog' or 'new installation'?

I can't remember the version I had and upgraded to :oops: . I think (if I remember correctly) that I didn't get a chance to run the installer because it said that the upgrade failed. And, before the upgrade failed,I selected "Upgrade Existing Blog."

EdB wrote:

What time is it? Can someone water my duck for me while I'm in jail?

It's 5:56pm my time and sure....I will water your duck for you while you are in jail...how about feeding him too? :lol:

6 Dec 04, 2006 01:04

Okay we'll make this happen. I always use fantastico to build myself a new database, but have never tried to do an upgrade with it. I'm hoping that fantastico's upgrade feature didn't go radically wrong and eat your database...

I gotta go to work soon, so check some stuff out and I'll get back to you (if Yabba doesn't find an answer first) in the morning.

You have cpanel? You have 'phpmyadmin' in your cpanel? Sometimes you have to go to the 'MySQL Databases' to get a link to 'phpmyadmin' at the bottom. Anyway once at phpmyadmin you should see a list of your databases on the left side of the screen. If you only have one then you won't have a drop-down box of databases - you'll see your only db with the tables it has in it.

Find one that has a name sort of like "partofmydomain_bvlt1" and click it. Click gently in there, but don't worry too much because phpmyadmin is pretty good about warning you if stuff is about to be altered. I'm curious if your evo_posts table has stuff in it or not. Click it and then click 'browse' to see what the guts of that table look like.

Also I'd be bouncing this off my host. Like "Hey I clicked upgrade and it killed my blog! Did it kill my database too? If so do you guys have backups because I want my blog back!!!"

Aw crap I'm gonna be late for work. Again.

7 Dec 04, 2006 03:59

I'm not sure what I did but I did find all my posts!!!!!!!!! I am happy over that. I can also go to an admin page, post and look at what I have posted in the past but I still get the "Please, do not access this page directly." statement when I click on a page.

8 Dec 04, 2006 09:08

Cool. So now I can poke around and see you're running v1.8.2. This tells me your skin is probably the reason we can't see your blog. Try setting your skin for all your blogs in the back office to 'custom' and see what happens.

If you still get nothing you will probably want to make sure that you've got the real version of custom, but let's go there later.

You absolutely must make sure that your server does not have a folder called blog/install. If you've got it you need to delete it. Also check out the security alert linked in the top of each forum here. You need to delete your import-mt.php file as soon as you find it. There is a new version that properly corrects the exploit, but plugging the biggest hole is important.

9 Dec 04, 2006 20:17

I erased the install file. But I am still getting nothing but errors and/or "Please, do not access this page directly." :'( I also set the setting to custom as well.

Is there any way at all possible to go back to the old setting? I mean just to totally get rid of the upgrade and go back to what I had before? I am so sorry I upgraded.

10 Dec 05, 2006 01:13

One more day at work and I'll help you get this running, but for the moment I've no knowledge of a way to automagically downgrade your installation.

You see your posts in your back office right? I should re-read the thread but again I'm running late. Anyway if you see your posts all is not lost.

If you're game you can PM me and we'll work this out in private. Basically I'll want to get inside your back office and poke around, and probably ask you to do all kinds of checks through your phpmyadmin utility. I am currently very curious about the details of upgrading from Fantastico so this will help me with something else I'm working on.

As long as you can see your posts you'll be able to get this thing running. Again.

Form is loading...