Recent Topics

1 Nov 06, 2006 00:56    

is there anyway i can add my own text in every user profile?

basicly i want to give them "points" which i as the admin must put it in my self manually, but i dont know how to do this? can u help me? maybe make some extra menu in admin page under user profile? thanks

3 Nov 07, 2006 06:43

excuse me but...c an some one help me with this? no one even reply and help, is it possible or not.. im very newb, and i need help....

4 Nov 07, 2006 08:43

not without someone making a plugin to do it. later on i plan to have a plugin done were users can easily add additional fields to blogs, posts, and users, it's called the more info plugin, but it won't be out until sometime in january.

if you have no experience in php at all, you can either wait, or start learning ;)

5 Nov 07, 2006 09:28

lol... i think i must wait then :P

but is it possible for you to help me for this one? make only one more info called "Points" then after that i can edit it into backoffice under "users"

(i think i ask to much..)

6 Nov 07, 2006 11:39

If you start developing i will post back when i can, even here is a headstart, although it probably won't mean anything...

Create a table titled (evo_more_info) with the following columns;
more_info_row_id (int, primary key, auto-increment)
more_info_item_id (int)
more_info_value_title (string)
more_info_value_content (string)
more_info_item_type (string)

With item_type being either 'blog', 'user', 'post'.
value_title being the name of the extra field
value_content being the content of the extra field
item_id being the blog or user or post id that it will be attached to
and row_id just being the id of the row.

Now then you will have the following query or something like it.
SELECT evo_posts.evo_post_id (or whatever the post_id row is called in the post table), and the columns from above as evo_more_info.column_name
FROM evo_posts, evo_more_info
Maybe have some JOIN LEFT stuff here, not sure wether that is needed or not
WHERE evo_posts.evo_post_id = evo_more_info.more_info_item_id
and evo_more_info.more_info_item_id = 'the id'
and evo_more_info.more_info_item_type = 'post'

The above would be for working with extra fields for posts.

And then you would have the plugin hook into the appropriate events to display the appropriate more_info fields.

Yeh sounds pretty complicated....

7 Nov 07, 2006 12:04

haha... honestly i really dont understand a sigle thing, i even dont know how to create table... nice if i just can install the plugin... but well.. seem to long until january... cause i want to start soon, i guess...

Form is loading...