Recent Topics

1 Nov 09, 2006 08:57    

I'm new to creating a blog, and I'm relying on Dreamweaver to get me through most of it. I'm stuck on one area that maybe someone can help me with.

I'd like to disable the country flags from showing up in posts. I'm using the Custom skin, if that is of any help.

2 Nov 09, 2006 09:04

If you look in _main.php you should find a line that looks similar to this one, just delete it :-

locale_flag( $Item->locale, 'h10px' );

¥

3 Nov 09, 2006 12:25

Thank-you! That worked great! I saw that line a few hours before you replied and I tried to comment it out with html code, but it didn't like that. It didn't occur to me to just delete it! There are sooooo many things that I want to do with this blog, but for now, I think this is the best it gets! I don't understand enough about them just yet. :D

4 Nov 09, 2006 13:17

slash slash comments out php, like this:

<?php 
some_function( 'param', 'another_param' )
?>

Makes whatever it was disappear by commenting out the important line:

<?php 
// some_function( 'param', 'another_param' )
?>

5 Nov 09, 2006 16:26

Ah! An extra tidbit of help, thank-you! I've decided to keep going, have not slept yet *yawns*. Can you please tell me where to put an mpg video file and what the code is supposed to say? I have the video, just don't know what to do with it! :-/

6 Jul 15, 2009 08:43

¥åßßå wrote:

If you look in _main.php you should find a line that looks similar to this one, just delete it :-

locale_flag( $Item->locale, 'h10px' );

¥

Sorry about this (I feel like a right moron asking you questions all the time!), but what do you mean by "-main.php"? I've been right through what I downloaded and I can't find a file with that name.

7 Jul 15, 2009 10:40

Back in 2006 when this thread was created there was a different skin architecture with different file names. This is just referring to the old skin files for 1.10.x I think.

I think you now have to look for something like the following in your skin files:

$Item->locale_flag( array(
				'before'    => ' &nbsp; ',
				'after'     => '',
			) );

L

8 Jul 16, 2009 07:52

Thanks Iturner, I'll try that.

Form is loading...