Recent Topics

1 Nov 10, 2006 21:25    

Can a user subscribe to one particular post, so if a new comment happens on that post they are notified?

2 Nov 12, 2006 09:34

They can subscribe to a single post using rss.

¥

3 Nov 12, 2006 09:50

But not email notifications? (Which is what i want)

4 Nov 12, 2006 09:52

No,but it wouldn't be to hard to create a plugin that could do it (it could hook into the afterCommentInsert event [or whatever it's called])

¥

5 Nov 12, 2006 10:56

But i would say that this is something to go intot he core. (Which is what i usually say, which seems to usually be the opposite of what you say).

I rekon theres some secret movement to take everything out of the core and into plugins instead that i am not aware of...

6 Nov 12, 2006 11:05

I don't know about a secret movement (but, I wouldn't if they were any good at the "secret" part), but I do think that if you can do it with a plugin then 9 out of 10 that's where the code belongs.

The advantage of doing that is that it allows the user to decide what functionality they want to include.

¥

7 Nov 12, 2006 11:12

But a direct hack into the core is most probably more effecient in most cases as well.

But if everything is done in plugins, then how will the core progress? The only direction i see it going in, with a philosophy like you're suggesting is one where everything is componentized/pluginized. (:S thinks wether that awesome word i made is a real word)

Hrmm, good point about the secret movement, but maybe you know and your keeping it secret ;) Aha!

8 Nov 12, 2006 11:22

But then I'd deny keeping secret that I know the secret, which would be the same outcome if I didn't know the secret :|

Can you imagine how cool it would be if the core was nothing but a framework?

¥

9 Nov 12, 2006 11:24

¥åßßå wrote:

But then I'd deny keeping secret that I know the secret, which would be the same outcome if I didn't know the secret :|

Exactly!

¥åßßå wrote:

Can you imagine how cool it would be if the core was nothing but a framework?

We share a similiar dream.

10 Nov 12, 2006 11:27

Does this mean you'll be making it as a plugin? ;)

¥

Form is loading...