Recent Topics

1 Nov 19, 2006 17:14    

Hello!

New member, and first time using b2Evolution..

I installed b2Evolution succesfully to a subdomain on my server. Went along and created some users, blog entries etc. I added some different themes to choose from, before I discovered that there was an own entry on this page for post installation. I discovered that I had to change filepermissions for some of my files, which I did..

Well, I lost the internet-connection some days ago, and when I was going to make another blog-entry tody, I was not able to enter the index.php nor admin.php, and I do not know what has happened to my blogs...

If anyone is able to help me, I would really appreciate it. I did search the forum with parts of the errorr-message, but I am presented with houndreds of posts, and I can not find one that is exactly like mine..

So here it goes, this is the errorr-message I am presented to:
Warning: main(/home/my_page/public_html/blog/conf/_basic_config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/my_page/public_html/blog/conf/_config.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/my_page/public_html/blog/conf/_basic_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/my_page/public_html/blog/conf/_config.php on line 12

I do remember changing the file-permission on _config.php, but not what it was originally, and what it is supposed to be..

Thanks alot, for taking your time looking at my problem!

Edit: Well forgot to inform you about my current file-permissions:
_config.php 644
_basic_config.php 600

2 Nov 19, 2006 17:23

Well, I have changed the permissions for _basic_config.php to 666, and the index.php opens ok. But that is not recommended from b2Evolution... What possible solutions do I have, to work around this?

3 Nov 19, 2006 17:24

644 is all you need for any file to be world-readable.'

you went from one extreme : 600 (group/world unreadable) to another: 666 (world-writable)

4 Nov 19, 2006 17:51

whoo wrote:

644 is all you need for any file to be world-readable.'

you went from one extreme : 600 (group/world unreadable) to another: 666 (world-writable)

Well, I like to be extreme.. He he he..
But seriously, why does it have to bee readable to the whole world for my setup, whilst others can use 600 permission on it, like recommended?

Thanks!

Will change from 666 to 644!

6 Nov 19, 2006 20:37

njord wrote:

But seriously, why does it have to bee readable to the whole world for my setup, whilst others can use 600 permission on it, like recommended?

It depends on how PHP is setup. Most hosts seem to use mod_php in Apache and then the PHP runs as the webserver's user, e.g. www-data.

PHP must be able to read the file and it is "world", if the file is owned by your ftp user.

You might want to try this info script: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Debugging#Permissions

Form is loading...