Recent Topics

1 Nov 22, 2006 02:47    

After completing the upgrade to v.1.8.2, I'm not being able to configure the media directory.
Although $fileupload_realpath is set to $basepath.'media/' at _admin.php and $media_subdir = 'media/' at _advanced.php, when I click at the files tab I get this error:

* The blog's media directory «media/tv_janela/» could not be created, because the parent directory is not writable or does not exist.
* You don't have access to any root directory.

"tv_janela" is one of my previously created blogs. Why this and not the other blogs, since no subdirectory is being created?
BTW, the "blogs/media" directory is set to 755 and even if I try to set it to 775 it gets back to 755.
I'm really lost. What should I do?
Thanks,
Marcio

2 Nov 22, 2006 08:35

Blueyed will tell you that 755 is enough, but for all the rest of us, we need to put it at 777.Can you try that ?

3 Nov 22, 2006 20:55

Topanga wrote:

Blueyed will tell you that 755 is enough

No, I'm just saying that it should be enough in a good setup, but I know that 777 seems to be needed in most cases..

4 Nov 23, 2006 07:52

blueyed wrote:

Topanga wrote:

Blueyed will tell you that 755 is enough

No, I'm just saying that it should be enough in a good setup, but I know that 777 seems to be needed in most cases..

That is what I meant...
That I theory it shuld be enough but in practical surcumstances, it hardly ever is.

Form is loading...