Recent Topics

1 Dec 16, 2006 16:42    

Howdy,

This plugin has been tested and works in b2evo 1.8 and 1.9.

What it does is let's you post Sticky and Announcement Posts to your blog.

Sticky Posts:
A Post Type is added titled 'Sticky'. So in your blog, you will select the 'Sticky' post type in the write/edit Post page and that's it, it will always be added to the top of your post list.

Announcement Posts:
Announcement Posts are posts that are sticky but for ALL PUBLIC BLOGS (public as in in the public blog list). A Blog titled 'Announcements' is added, and you will make your posts there. All posts in that Blog will display at the top of every public blog's post list.

Installation:
To install simply copy the folder in the .zip file into your plugins folder, and then go to Admin->Settings->Plugins and install it from there. Once installed, the only configuration you need to do is add a category to the Announcements Blog so that you can make a post.

Future plans for the plugin:
Add CSS styling to them.

Note, this is a beta release, and needs to be tested fully which is why i'm posting it here, out of my testing and use it seems to work fine, but everyone's setup is different so please get back to me wether it worked or not so i can give it a final tag.

-Balupton over and out. Enjoy.

2 Dec 16, 2006 22:42

I bumped into that when I was trying to tweak up my theoretical plugin. I had changed two fields in one of the plugins tables from a varchar to a float, and those were the ones I had to keep re-doing. After every re-do it said "too bad buddy - it's not enabled". I changed one of them to an int instead of a float and it liked that, but not the other.

FINALLY I decided to save my existing plugin-generated tables by renaming them, uninstalling the plugin, then re-installing it. It worked. It no longer freaked out over my change. Technically my plugin tables became empty, but since I had my fake data stored elsewhere I was able to transfer it to the newer version the plugin wrote.

4 Dec 17, 2006 02:24

Loaded and installed without errors but to simply post a sticky in a nominated Category the following occurred....
Post Preview

Notice: Undefined variable: item_typ_ID_backup in /home/wow-factor/plugins/stickyannouncements_plugin/_stickyannouncements.plugin.php on line 312

Save and publish...

Warning: array_search(): Wrong datatype for first argument in /home/wow-factor/plugins/stickyannouncements_plugin/_stickyannouncements.plugin.php on line 245

Notice: Undefined variable: item_typ_ID_backup in /home/wow-factor/plugins/stickyannouncements_plugin/_stickyannouncements.plugin.php on line 312

5 Dec 17, 2006 02:31

Sorry the packaged a old version. Don't you hate that. :oops:

Try now. As always, delete the announce blog, and reinstall.

Sorry yet again. :(

6 Dec 17, 2006 07:29

Ok... It works :)

I need it not to show the the related category link ,Feature
As seen at the top of any page at http://wow-factor.com

7 Dec 17, 2006 08:42

Well nothing i could do about that unless i use javascript to scan your page, your better off doing a skin hack that goes if the post is from the announce blog or a sticky then don't show categories.

8 Dec 17, 2006 08:56

Ok, It's just that I don't want a "Public" link to the Announcement Blog which is, in reality or my opinion, just a administrative tool that places the announcements at the top of page.

9 Dec 17, 2006 09:03

Actually there is something i might be able to do it with it. Although you would up with;

17 December 06 in:

I will look into it now.

10 Dec 17, 2006 09:16

Allright John, That ability is added, check the checkbox in the plugin's settings to hide announcement categories

12 Dec 17, 2006 10:56

Hey balupton,

Great work, nice idea and realization.

I was just wondering, would it be possible to have "new stickies added" (post added to Announcement blog) not appear in the "All Blog"? As this leads to the article appearing twice.

Bright Regards

JasonMR

13 Dec 17, 2006 11:05

I was just wondering, would it be possible to have "new stickies added" (post added to Announcement blog) not appear in the "All Blog"? As this leads to the article appearing twice.

If i'm following, then there is a problem with Blog ALL that makes announcements and (possibly) stickies appear twice?

If so yeh it will be possible, and I will do it right after xmas, as of a few hours ago, work has started again and my 3 days of free time are gone :'(

14 Dec 17, 2006 11:49

Hey balupton

Thanks for your rapid reply. Sorry to hear about your time restraints.

I will attempt to spell out what I mean.

- I create a "sticky"
- on every blog it appears at the top as sticky
- I then go to the "All Blogs", here it not only appears as sticky, but also as regular post, hence "appearing twice".

HTH

Seems like I just need to modify the function in line 215, adding an if-clause that checks the blog ID. If I find it out how to do this in b2evolution, and get it work, I will post the modified file here.

Bright Regards

JasonMR

15 Dec 17, 2006 12:15

Well, this works, but it looks "ugly".

// Check ID of blog being displayed to avoid double postings on "All Blogs"
        $test_id = $Blog->ID;
        if ($test_id == "1")
        {
            // Exit if "All Blog"
            return;
        }

Have attached new version of the file in zipped format (haven't changed text in comments though).

16 Jan 02, 2007 18:29

Hi -

I'm looking for a sticky post plugin, but all of the links in this thread lead to a "file not found" screen. Where can I get this plugin?

Garey

17 Jan 03, 2007 01:42

the forum server crash would of killed the file uploads, i'll re-upload it sometime this week, real busy atm.

18 Jan 10, 2007 19:04

Hi -

Just in case this has slipped through the cracks, the sticky post plugin is still missing on the server. Our move to 1.9.1 is held up until I can get it.

19 Jan 17, 2007 16:54

Hoping for this download to be posted again too :D

21 Jan 24, 2007 23:26

Like the subject says, I've downloaded it and I'll be installing it for evaluation.

22 Jan 25, 2007 04:57

garey you would have to be the first person i know to use the post subject field ;)

23 Jan 31, 2007 21:52

thanks for the fresh link!

24 Feb 03, 2007 05:15

Ok say if a announcement is no longer valid, you can't just set the announcement back to a normal post, so you need to make it deprecated but then the announcement is no longer viewable...

One possible solution is to have another post type called 'announcement' and we require that all announcements use that post type, then when a announcement is no longer valid they just set the post type to something else.

Anyone got any other possible solutions? Or comments.

Once this issue is fixed the plugin will be properly released.

25 Feb 06, 2007 03:04

Hey balupton, not sure if it's an error on my part or not, but when I changed the plugin settings to hide the Announcement categories I got the following notices when viewing my blog:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in c:\sites\single11\eatenbymew\webroot\plugins\stickyannouncements_plugin\_stickyannouncements.plugin.php on line 420

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in c:\sites\single11\eatenbymew\webroot\plugins\stickyannouncements_plugin\_stickyannouncements.plugin.php on line 423

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\sites\single11\eatenbymew\webroot\plugins\stickyannouncements_plugin\_stickyannouncements.plugin.php:420) in c:\sites\single11\eatenbymew\webroot\inc\MODEL\skins\_skin.funcs.php on line 71

Could it possibly be because I don't have any posts published yet? I've got them all depricated until I "officially" declare my blog open. I'm not familiar with PHP so I'm hoping you'll know what's wrong ;)

26 Feb 06, 2007 03:08

Just having breaky, will look into it now.

27 Feb 06, 2007 03:11

What is your b2evolution version?

Edit: Will need to look at it later, work calls.

28 Feb 06, 2007 04:05

balupton wrote:

What is your b2evolution version?

Edit: Will need to look at it later, work calls.

Woah, fast response time you've got there. I'm on version 1.9.2.

29 Feb 22, 2007 01:35

I'm using 1.9.2. When I have a sticky announcement in a blog, all the comments on blog items for that blog end up being associated with the sticky announcement. When I get rid of the sticky announcement, everthing works fine.

I also posted this to the 1.9.2 bugs forum, and then thought that this would be a better place.

30 Feb 22, 2007 01:55

I'm using 1.9.2. When I have a sticky announcement in a blog, all the comments on blog items for that blog end up being associated with the sticky announcement. When I get rid of the sticky announcement, everthing works fine.

Thanks for letting me know, will look into it when i can.

I also posted this to the 1.9.2 bugs forum, and then thought that this would be a better place.

YEah this would be a better place. EdB has already locked the other topic :)

31 Apr 28, 2007 17:10

I've used this program with 1.8 and love it. It seems to work with 1.9, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any issues before I switched.

You can see how I use it here:

www.nelsonguirado.com

32 Aug 08, 2007 18:06

Hmm, some short questions:

1) I have installed the plugin by accident not as described. I copied the _stickyannouncements.plugin.php only to my blog/plugins/ directory and I don´t copied the stickyannouncements_plugin directory (from the zip) completely to the blog/plugins/ directory. But I had activeted it and it created a new blog and the new post type. Can I use it this way without problems or do I have to reinstall it?

2) Can I rename the Announce blog... if yes, how is the plugin knowing, which blog number is my announcement blog?

3) And... keeping - of course the post type 'Sticky' - would it be possible to delete the newly created 'Announcements' Blog and use another one for this or simply loose the 'Announcements'-functionality but keeping the 'Sticky'-finctionality?

4) Is it possible to hide the main-category 'Announcements' in the sidebar as well for not-logged-in users? I think by using the "Hide Announcement Categories" only the subcategories are hidden, right?

33 Aug 09, 2007 15:54

Thanks for installing! :)

1) Yes it will work fine. (Just because this plugin is a single file).

2) As long as the urlname for the blog is "announce" you are good to go.

3) Ummm... not sure what you mean here...

4) Actually what the code does is cycles through all announcement posts and removes their categories for the category list... So it should all be fine... (The announcement categories are the categories for the announcements blog, like if you have a category called 'Announcements' in another blog, it won't do anything about it, as it is unrelated).

34 Aug 09, 2007 17:47

balupton wrote:

Thanks for installing! :)

My pleasure... B)

1) Good to know.

2) URL-name... aha... so I can´t use a stub file or do I only have to leave the URL-blog-name = "announce"?

3) Question was, if it would be possible to use the "sticky" functionality even when I won´t keep on blog called "announce"?

4) Ok.

35 Aug 09, 2007 17:58

2. You could try this .htaccess hack

# Announce Stub
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/new_stub_name(\?.*)?$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)^ announce [QSA]

3. Yes, although deleting the announce blog would make the plugin die miserably...

36 Aug 09, 2007 18:26

Ok, understood... and understanding you right, the plugin works best not using stub files, otherwise I have to use your .htaccess hack... I´ll try this out... Due to the fact, that all my other blogs using stub files, the URL's are IMO cleaner... when they look for every blof the same way...

37 Aug 09, 2007 19:54

Oh actually couldn't you just fill out the stub name? Why else would you have urlname and stubname ?

39 Oct 24, 2007 18:06

I was told to disable my sticky plugin because I got this error message:

MySQL error! 
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY post_datestart ASC' at line 1(Errno=1064) 
Your query: Get Announcement Posts 
SELECT * 
FROM evo_posts INNER JOIN evo_postcats ON post_ID = postcat_post_ID INNER JOIN evo_categories ON postcat_cat_ID = cat_ID 
WHERE ( ( post_status = "private" 
AND post_creator_user_ID = 1 ) 
OR post_status IN ('published','protected') ) 
AND cat_blog_ID = 
ORDER BY post_datestart ASC 

It worked, but now the messages I wanted to stay at the top won't. Any way to keep a post stuck at the top of the blog without a sticky? Or any way to fix the above problem and connect the sticky?

Thanks for any help.

*edit*
This is the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13089]post in question[/url]

40 Dec 01, 2007 12:47

ok -- maybe I am stupid but I installed the plugin -- it created the "announce" blog just fine. I would like the sticky in blog=1 but I do not understand this "post type=sticky" thing. I see no way to change the post type under the "write" tab. Ideas?

Thanks!

Form is loading...