Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2007 12:22    

...is what I get to see, whenever I try to switch to an imported skin (one that did not come with the original installation (Kyoto) package). The imported skins are shown both in the skins lists in admin and the sidebars of the standard skins and are 'choseable' there. I can switch between the standard skins.

sample.htaccess files have been renamed to .htaccess after installation.

I think I did everything according to the manuals. Ideas?

Thanks!

Ray

2 Feb 06, 2007 13:40

It's gotta be a skin from an incompatible version. Since you didn't give a link to your blog all I can say is your blog is 1.something and your skins are from the 0.something days, or the other way around.

3 Feb 06, 2007 13:58

Hey, thanks EdB - I suspected something like that. But then, where do I get skins that work with Kyoto?

I have nothing to lose going back to an earlier version of b2evo - which one would would you recommend?

The link is www.haze.ch but there's not much to see, just a construction site in an early stage. If you try to change the skin to andreas01, you'll see what I mean though...

4 Feb 06, 2007 14:28

Kyoto is 1.9.2, so most of the skins available directly from the skins site should mostly work. NONE of them should give you that error though. By "mostly work" I acknowledge that some of the skins I overhauled for 1.8.2 would work for that but not 1.9.2. My fault entirely, but none of them will give you that error.

I just took a look at the skins site and didn't see andreas01 listed there, but I might have missed it. Hey open up that skin and then open the _main.php file to see if it has a line in it that looks exactly like this:

if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

If it doesn't then it's an old skin.

Oh the skins site is at http://skins.b2evolution.net/ and if andreas01 is in there I'll elevate the problem to the right person.

For the record my current opinion is that 1.9.2 is fine unless you want multiple bloggers with different permission levels AND you can't just talk to them and say "we can figure out this bug". IF that's an issue for you then I'd say go with 1.8.7 even though that version will have the same problem with any skin that does not have the line I copied up there a bit.

The source of andreas01 is the root of the issue right now, so let's solve that if we can.

5 Feb 06, 2007 14:30

Oh one more thing. I'm seeing something funny in your URLs. When I switch skins I get - oops - got since it looks like you're working your files - 3 slashes between haze.ch and index.php. That seems really odd to me.

6 Feb 06, 2007 15:14

EdB

Thanks for looking into this. I'm working on the problem, realize that some of the problems can be tracked back to my installation. The slashes: I hate them, can't get rid of them. My provider forces an old version of b2evo on me, which I am trying to upgrade. Somewhere in the process, I don't get around entering a '/' into a field that I would prefer to leave empty. Looks as if I have a mess with different b2evo-versions and require a thorough cleanup. Which is not a problem for me, but my provider who dumps an old version back on me. Aw, what would we do on rainy Tuesdays without our computers? :-)

Thanks, EdB. Let me work on this some more. You got me on the right track, I think.

Ray

7 Aug 02, 2007 13:41

I got the same problem.

"Please, do not access this page directly."

Is there a solution now?

8 Aug 02, 2007 13:57

The solution is: find a skin that matches your B2evo's version. So if you just installed B2evo you probably took 1.10.2 On thisversion all 1.9 skins should work. Those are the skins that are in the [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/]skins section of this site[/url]. Also: all the skins that are provided with the version you installed are tested and ok.

You problem could exist if you upgraded from an older version and tried to run the old skins. Find the same skin in the new version, or another one that pleases you.

If this didn't help you, there is another problem. Please report back to this forum.

Good luck

9 Aug 02, 2007 15:05

I guess it was cause I had an old version installed.

10 Aug 02, 2007 16:31

LOL then I should have written:

Your problem could exist if you downgraded to an older version and tried to run the new skins.

Form is loading...