Recent Topics

1 Aug 30, 2007 17:18    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I upgraded yesterday to 1.10.2 on my local host. Everything has been working fine, until I tried to edit a post and insert a "More". It didn't work.

In fact, whether I edit or write new, none of the buttons at the top of the post entry window will insert text into the body of my post.

Any ideas on what is broken?

Cindy Rae

2 Aug 30, 2007 17:21

Problem resolved with unknown cause.

it's working now -- all I did was turn off Comodo application control, reload the write page, and it worked. I turned on Comodo application control, and reloaded the page.

Still working.

Confused but moving forward,

Cindy Rae

3 Aug 30, 2007 17:28

The problem may lay in the memory available to the blog. In ../blogs/conf/_advanced.php from line 43 onward it reads:

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (set in php.ini)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
// ini_set( 'memory_limit', '16M' );

Delete the two slashes (//) before the last line, save and upload this file.

Good luck

4 Sep 09, 2007 06:43

I tried deleting the slashes, didn't help. And I don't know what the Comodo application control is. Where do I find that? Just reloading the page doesn't help. :( Puzzled...

Thanks.

6 Sep 09, 2007 17:18

This is getting quite wierd now. I'm running 1.10, and when I first did the upgrade my custom skins worked fine, except I had the problem mentioned above. Now this morning, I did nothing different, but when I opened my blog - my Custom skin was gone, and it had defaulted to the standard skin I based my custom on.

BUT

The buttons at the top of the post entry window appear to be working.

In one way it's not a big deal, I was going to rework the skins anyway, but I am hesitant to put a lot of effort into major reworks if it's going to screw up the backoffice again :(

7 Sep 09, 2007 17:30

If it's not a big deal, why not wait till the next release of 2.0, that will be pretty stable in a month time.

For the skin, you can start working. It's not the skin that causes your problem, but an unknown combination of settings, probably related to the php from your host. If you make a skin for 1.10, it won't be that difficult to rework it for the 2.0 series.

Good luck

8 Sep 09, 2007 19:15

Ok, thanks. If 2.0 is going to be stable in a month or so, I can live until then :D

Form is loading...