Recent Topics

1 Nov 01, 2007 19:13    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have been happily running a Typepad blog using ECTO for posting might be switching to B2 for reasons that are not important. I only need to know if I will be able to continue using ECTO because I don't see an option for B2 in the account setup.

Does anybody know?

2 Nov 02, 2007 17:50

I don't lnow. There are some windows apps that are reported to work. But why do you need this? You might set up tinyMCE if the formatting is the answer or blog by email if you need access from a distance.

Good luck

3 Nov 02, 2007 17:55

Not sure "need" is the right word but I am used to working with a blogging client and Ecto lets me do things the way I like and also has a very nice and fast search feature that lets me find whatever I am looking for in past posts. Also, it has a bookmarklet that sits in Firefox and lets me quickly set up new posts.

I do see that Tiny ICE will provide the WYSIWYG stuff but that isn't the whole story.

5 Nov 05, 2007 10:29

I appreciate the help and I am sure there are "workarounds" but as somebody who has to blog professionally everyday, I am not sure why I need to make my life harder than it already is. I am used to working with ECTO and it does everything exactly they way I need it to do.

The decision is whether to use B2 as the platform or something like Movable Type. From my perspective, if I can't use ECTO anymore, my life gets harderer and I am not seeing the advantages for me in B2.

Form is loading...