Recent Topics

1 Jan 06, 2011 07:16    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.3

I upgraded from 3.3.3 to 4.0.3, and started getting the following errors at the bottom of every page, including admin pages:

Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 152

Notice: Use of undefined constant STDIN - assumed 'STDIN' in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 153

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 153

Notice: Use of undefined constant STDOUT - assumed 'STDOUT' in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 154

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 154

Notice: Use of undefined constant STDERR - assumed 'STDERR' in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 155

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/desautel/public_html/boomer-blog/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 155

If I comment out the offending lines in the php file indicated, the errors go away, but I do not know what else may be broken.

In addition, I am getting MySql errors on all the front-end pages that look like this:

MySQL error!
Lost connection to MySQL server during query(Errno=2013)

Or:

MySQL error!
MySQL server has gone away(Errno=2006)

I have checked the basic config file for correct DB & user names and password. I even added a new DB user with full privileges and a new password, then change the config file. No change. I submitted a ticket with my hosting provider (Bluehost) on the SQL problem.

http://boomer-blog.com

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Dave

3 Jan 06, 2011 21:05

Thanks, I already commented out those lines. Regarding the MySQL errors, here is part of what BlueHost (My hosting provider) responded to me with:

Even the MySQL issues seem to stem from the odd manner in which it appears to be attempting to keep the connections open, there doesn't seem to be any adverse effects in spite of the messages.

Any ideas on these connection warnings?[/i]

4 Jan 07, 2011 02:36

Do you still get mysql errors after you fixed b2evo errors?

Your mysql is configured to close connection after 60 seconds, and it displays an error when it closes timed-out connection. b2evolution doesn't hold connections for that long, do you have any third-party plugins or skins installed? What pages do you get the errors on, I haven't seen any browsing your website.

5 Jan 10, 2011 15:50

I've got the same mysql error on all my public pages after upgrade 3.3.3 > 4.0.3

No errors during upgrade install. Site is http://apfrod.com

6 Jan 14, 2011 07:42

kenneth wrote:

I've got the same mysql error on all my public pages after upgrade 3.3.3 > 4.0.3

No errors during upgrade install. Site is http://apfrod.com

Try to apply the fix I mentioned in the above post.

7 Jan 15, 2011 03:25

I'm getting the following error in comments:

Notice: Undefined index: makelink in /home/mitup2/public_html/b/plugins/basic_antispam_plugin/_basic_antispam.plugin.php on line 214

Ideas?

9 Jan 20, 2011 01:46

Hmmm, I use Bluehost as well but didn't have any of these errors with my upgrade (I went from 3.x to 4.0.3). If you want to compare setups let me know.

10 Jan 29, 2011 13:56

I upgraded yesterday from 3.3.3. to 4.0.3 and was experiencing the same as described by dadefan in their opening post.

I applied the comment out fix supplied by sam2kb, linked to in their above post, but unfortunately I then received the follwing message and the site doesn't load;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /mnt/web2/23/43/5676443/htdocs/andyp/inc/_core/_misc.funcs.php on line 538

Should it be relevant; In my copy of misc.funcs.php the text lines were 142-167 rather than 145-170. I commented out the text block as shown in the fix.

I have rolled back to the version with the errors mentioned in the opening post, any ideas?

edit for clarity

Form is loading...