Recent Topics

1 Jan 05, 2006 18:01    

I have done a search on this and found some old info. From what I have found, it appears that there is no way to arrange the top menu? That cant be right?? Please point me in the right direction. Using ver. b2evo v 0.9.0.12

Best Regards,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 Jan 05, 2006 20:18

I am unclear what you mean by "top menu" ?

Do you have an example or maybe a link to your site and a description of what you want to do?

-stk :D

3 Jan 05, 2006 21:11

Howdy!

Thank you very much for responding!

I was talking about the top link tabs for each blog page. It is my understand that they can not be reordered. I had no posts in the blog yet, so I just did some quick deleting.

What I would really like is to place a centered Adsense or banner at the very top and\or bottom of this page. I am digging through the main.php file of the custom skin right now. Any ideas? I will buy you a beer!

http://youcandoitpublishing.com/dog-calendar/index.php

4 Jan 05, 2006 22:29

LOL ..

I had a look on your site and see that you're using the "custom" skin. (The reason I'm laughing is that I can't tell from your page whether the blogs are listed by NUMBER or ALPHABETICALLY ... because both are RIGHT!!)

blog2=Home; blog3=Pers; blog4=Prod & blog5=York ;)

but ... I'm thinking that it's probably by NUMBER.

Each time you create a blog ... it'll be assigned a NEW number, so you can probably reorder your top tabs if you give some thought to your blogs and how you want them ordered (if you want more than 4) ... or renaming the 4 you have now to be what you want.

(You can test by renaming "personalized" to something like "alpha" and seeing if it's still #2 ... or if it moves based on where it fits alphabetically).

You can always add an adsense ad (vertically or horizonally), just about anywhere you want. It's just a matter of making a DIV for it and putting it where you want in the XHTML file (main.php) and then styling it appropriately in your custom.css file. I'd give it an id like

<div id="adsTop"> [adsense code] </div>

or something like that.

Hope it helps.

5 Jan 06, 2006 02:33

Thanks again! Got the job done. If you want a beer from the States...

6 Jan 06, 2006 05:33

Hey hey,

Looks good! Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks for the offer. :)

It's mostly the thought that counts.

Cheers,

Form is loading...