Recent Topics

1 May 20, 2006 08:49    

The default install of b2 shows example blogs with "Sticky" announcements. That is, the announcement remains at the top of the blog, and other posts appear underneath it. Is this a function of the template being used? I'd like to know how to make my blog like that. Any info is appreciated.

Christian

2 May 20, 2006 09:05

Could you show a link with what you mean?

b2evolution doesn't have stickies, though there are a couple of ways to hack them in. The default installation uses the 'custom' skin with regular posts, and if memory serves me the newest post is in a category called "announcements", but if you make another post in the appropriate blog the new post will be the first one displayed.

3 May 20, 2006 16:47

well, i do have a link sort of. I have a default installation up at weblogs.myadventurouslife.com. Youll come to my basic blog as a default, but you can still select from the default blogs A and B. So if you look at how this works, you see that the "Announcement" post remains at the top of both blogs A and B, yet the posts that follow it are "First Post" and "extended post", depending on which blog (A or B) you click on. I hope I haven't confused you.

Anyway, I just wondered how I can do that...how to keep one post (like an announcement) to always remain at the top position while other posts follow in normal manner below it.

Christian

4 May 20, 2006 21:11

Ah okay. The first post is posted in categories in both blogs - a feature that is not turned on by default. That is why it appears in both blogs. (If you want that feature enabled you would have to edit your conf/_admin.php file and change $allow_cross_posting to 2.) The "first post" post isn't really the first post even though it says it is.

Back on track, there is no default option for a sticky post. You would have to do a hack to get it done. There are a couple of hacks in the forums that'll do that for you, but I don't think anyone has done it for the version you're using.

Sorry!

Form is loading...