Recent Topics

1 May 16, 2007 14:28    

Hi all,

I altering this value in config/_formatting.php very often for a short time to 0 because I post a lot of flash videos into my blogs.

Is it possible to alter this value in the administration panel? It's very annoying editing config/_formatting.php every time I need to disable this for some minutes.

Thanks and Regards,
Roi

3 May 20, 2007 03:26

I believe making impossible to post anything the HTML checker hasn't validated is the most annoying b2evolution feature...

4 May 20, 2007 03:53

kwa,
I know what you mean. I finally switched off the validator and now I just use the security checker.

5 May 20, 2007 17:00

Here's a thought: a 'trainable' html checker sort of like how spell checkers can be taught to consider your version of a word as valid. Maybe something that only The Admin (id #1) can do, and not something that can be done 'on the fly', but a method where I can go in and add whatever it is I need without cracking open files and editing them.

Just a thought!

6 May 20, 2007 19:49

I haven't really investigated the reason why, but after switching my web server for another one, I was unable to publish HTML entities in posts in my b2evolution blog. That's probably due to a missing COLLATE in the MySQL database or anything related to a specific PHP version or configuration.

When my blogs' posts are displayed, they are converted into HTML entities. When I want to copy and paste a part of some previously published articles by copying and pasting the HTML source code, I can't, since the HTML checker prevents me tu publish HTML entities and French is plenty of non-ASCII characters (ie: éèàç, etc.)

Meanwhile, the HTML checker doesn't complain when I leave some tags open, such as <em>, <strong> and so on.

Since the default b2evolution editor is raw HTML, I understand very well the reason why there is a need to have an HTML checker. However, it would be really interesting to be able to use it as a "helper" and not as a "blocker", at least in the blogs posts.

Preventing from publishing bad formed HTML on the "All" blog as well as on comments is a good idea, but that doesn't seem to make sense to me anywhere else.

7 Jun 06, 2007 10:16

Hello all,

sorry for the long delay, I have been away from my computer because of a holiday...

personman wrote:

Are you posting videos from a web site? You may want to try the [url=http://plugins.b2evolution.net/index.php/2006/10/10/youtube_plugin]YouTube plugin[/url] which makes it easy to post YouTube videos and videos from several other video sites.

There's [url=http://plugins.b2evolution.net/index.php/2006/11/28/cflash]another plugin[/url] for posting self-made flash animations.

I create my own flash videos, upload them to my webspace and link them into my blog. See [url=http://www.sebald.com/blog/index.php/aquablog?cat=33]here[/url]. I use the YouTube plugin for other stuff, but I cannot use this for local video files. At least I think so.

personman wrote:

I know what you mean. I finally switched off the validator and now I just use the security checker.

As this is strongly recommended to keep it enabled I left it enabled. Do you have more problems with spammers since you turned it off?

What about my request to turn it off and on via administration panel? Shouldn't be a big deal for the programmers, should it?

Regards,
Martin

Form is loading...