Recent Topics

1 Oct 16, 2007 00:57    

Just wondering wether or not the b2evo licence allows plugin developers to stick in some advertising within their plugins?...

2 Oct 16, 2007 03:59

thats in really poor taste, regardless. Is that something you are considering?

3 Oct 16, 2007 04:21

It will be optional of course, but I'm thinking, well most likely will, build in a advert framework in Gallery. So that advertisers can stick in their images in peoples galleries which are related to the advertiser via tags.

I might as well get something out of developing than just "thanks".

5 Oct 17, 2007 01:45

I will have a option so if they want the stuff there they get it, if they don't they don't

6 Oct 17, 2007 08:20

That's a similarity and not a difference ;)

¥

10 Oct 17, 2007 09:22

You'll be pointing me to google.com next huh? ;)

It just seems weird that you consider other peoples advertising to be spam, but your own is just a well deserved revenue stream.

Personally I see no difference, but, it's your plugin so you chose what you code.

¥

11 Oct 17, 2007 22:51

How does one choose to not have the "hosting services | test" links in the footer - without editing? I can see where a plugin author would want to have a linkback, but it most certainly should be something that the user could easily opt out of. "Easily" in this case, to me, means by clicking on the plugin settings in the back office.

12 Oct 18, 2007 07:54

You can't, you have to edit the files, or create your own skin and leave them out.

A plugin author having a linkback isn't in question, although I'd prefer it to be opt-in and not opt-out, we're talking about 3rd party advertising via a plugin where the person making the monetary gain is the plugin author.

I'm just confused how Balupton can be so vocal against other advertising and yet wishes to incorporate an advertising revenue stream into his own plugin.

As I said though, it's his plugin, his code, his choice.

¥

13 Oct 18, 2007 13:52

Fwiw, it violates the TOS for adsense. I have no idea about any others.

This is one of those "been there, done that" topics for me, as it's come up elsewhere previously.

Form is loading...