Recent Topics

1 Jun 17, 2004 06:50    

Hello, I guess this is the only place I can hopefully get help. I use simplified chinese (b2 0.9.05). Eveything works except the back-office menu is till english and:
when choose a post in chinese and click edit, the charaters are all turn to the following format:

dollar sign + #38656;

they become numbers. so basically even I know english I still am unable to edit the text. why and is there a way to solve this?

I have used any suggestions regarding chinese language posted on this forum. thank you a lot!

2 Jun 17, 2004 07:46

Try changing your user locale to chinese.

3 Jun 17, 2004 16:56

fplanque wrote:

Try changing your user locale to chinese.

Thankyou, fplanque. I just did the change. that enabled chinese for back-office window. Now, when I select a post and click edit, it is still not readable. the characters are shown as numbers. any other language has the similar problem?

4 Jun 17, 2004 19:17

kding, I'm really blind here because I can't really test chinese here. I don't have the knowledge nor the equipment for fhat.

What happens if you make a new post now, is it still encoded the same way?

If yes, you should try to find other Chinese users. There are quite a few.

5 Jun 17, 2004 20:10

fplanque, thank you very much for your attention. I understand what you said. I just try to see if someone who is using chinese would give me some hints.
my blog in chinese works fine with chinese, except edit. So. I will search around to see why.
thanks again. appreciate your help.

6 Jun 18, 2004 18:15

Let me know this please: I understand your old posts won't edit correctly, but what if you try editing new posts? (posts that you made after changing your locale). Are they also encoded in an unredable way like the old posts?

7 Jun 18, 2004 18:26

fplanque wrote:

Let me know this please: I understand your old posts won't edit correctly, but what if you try editing new posts? (posts that you made after changing your locale). Are they also encoded in an unredable way like the old posts?

this problem was there from very begining. So there are all new posts posted after I started locale.

for now, in backoffice I can type in chinese, copy and paste in chinese, preview with chinese, everything is in chinese. then once posted, you still read chinese. you can open it with brower/edit , it is still in chinese. only when you click edit, in tht particular textbox like the one I am writing in right now, you see all the unreadable codes. another thing similar to this is in blog screen (backoffice, click blogs), you type in chinese and you see chinese. but as soon as you clicked update button, they turn to unreadble codes. So, combine these two cases, I feel it is something related to textareas whereever and whenever allow you to EDIT already posted posts.

thank you!

8 Jun 18, 2004 18:36

The problem with edit screen was suddenly gone!!!! I don't know what i did!!! it is still there with the updating blog screen. Weired.

Form is loading...