Recent Topics

1 Jul 14, 2004 16:48    

is there a way to clear the cache? I have to refresh on each page to get the viewing correct.

2 Jul 14, 2004 19:35

what cache?
browser cache?

3 Jul 14, 2004 22:13

yes, browser cache - i think - (i've tested on 4 to 5 pcs) it doesn't update any of the site until I refresh the page. perhaps there's a way to cause it to refresh each time it loads? unfortunately I'm unsure what that meta tag command was :| or where to put it in my templete (if that's a good place for it)

4 Jul 14, 2004 23:30

This is SO a client-side stuff issue.

Please try to post to the forum that most accurately describes your question.

5 Jul 15, 2004 00:08

Paragm: No-Cache

if i remeber right.

It may be eitehr your browser (most likely) or your proxy if your using one / beeing transparantly cached by your isp

6 Jul 15, 2004 00:53

isaac, it's not really client stuff, because clients decide on the headers they get how to cache.

If you send them "Cache-control: max-age=86400" they are allowed to cache for 1 day.

IIRC b2evo does not send any cache controlling headers (apart from when forcing a reload), so this is server stuff.

Actually, Proxomitron is a good tool for seeing what headers get send (besides its fantastic web filtering.. ;) )

welby, it's "Pragma: no-cache" for HTTP/1.0 and "Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate" for HTTP/1.1.

These are headers which must be send from the server.

7 Jul 15, 2004 01:52

welby, it's "Pragma: no-cache" for HTTP/1.0 and "Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate" for HTTP/1.1.

/me goes on a rant about these new fangled standards ... then realises that he's been using the old Prargma for like years ... even though 1.1 has been out since i can remeber :/

oh well, its late, i've just finished my new design, and i've got work in 7 hours ... time for bed

8 Jul 15, 2004 17:14

blueyed wrote:

isaac, it's not really client stuff, because clients decide on the headers they get how to cache.

If you send them "Cache-control: max-age=86400" they are allowed to cache for 1 day.

IIRC b2evo does not send any cache controlling headers (apart from when forcing a reload), so this is server stuff.

Actually, Proxomitron is a good tool for seeing what headers get send (besides its fantastic web filtering.. ;) )

These are headers which must be send from the server.

so, that should be in the header? or both?

Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate

oh, I just read this off of M$'s site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;222064 ... now doesn't that break html validity? :|

9 Jul 15, 2004 17:18

oh, I just read this off of M$'s site:

this is for the META tag, which is not the same like sending an header with the server response.
Might be that this IE bug is just with the META tag (AFAICS at least).[/code]

10 Jul 15, 2004 17:21

yanger,

Pragma: no-cache
Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate

you would put

header( 'Pragma: no-cache' );
header( 'Cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate' );

into /config/hacks.php and those headers would be sent with every server response (but not with images, .css files etc)

Form is loading...