Recent Topics

1 Oct 21, 2006 21:14    

I just upgraded to 1.8.2, and have been trying to get my Chinese working again.

I write my blogs under the English Canadian locale (en_CA) and have edited my _locales.php file to use the utf-8 charset with this locale instead of the one that was originally there.

Here's what I don't understand. When I'm logged in as a user that has their preferred locale set to English Canadian, my Chinese characters display correctly (in both the back and front ends).

However, the moment I log out and view the front end, the Chinese characters display as question marks.

I have set the App Settings Default locale to English (CA), but it doesn't work.

What am I missing? As a last effort, perhaps I could try changing all charsets in my _locales.php file to utf-8?

2 Oct 21, 2006 21:36

I think I managed to resolve this by setting $evo_charset to utf-8 instead of leaving it as its blank default. Hope that's the end of it...!

3 Jan 04, 2007 11:42

rcxAsh wrote:

I think I managed to resolve this by setting $evo_charset to utf-8 instead of leaving it as its blank default. Hope that's the end of it...!

I had the same problem.
I have tried setting $evo_charset in /conf/_locale.php into 'utf-8', but it didn't work.
Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

PS
I got my linux, brower and all locale settings in b2e set to utf-8

4 Jan 31, 2007 16:08

Were you able to fix this?

I am having the same problem for Japanese utf-8.

Everything is set to utf-8 but it wont save in utf-8?

5 Feb 17, 2007 04:55

When using firefox 2.0, I have no problems whatsoever. However, when using IE7, it won't show Chinese characters no matter WHAT the settings are.

The blog in question is www.colourwolf.com. If you click on "Grace" you'll see her posts in Chinese just fine. Because she used Firefox.

What's the problem with IE7?

6 Feb 19, 2007 18:57

I could see the Chinese at colourwolf.com/grace.php in both Firefox and IE7 in both Windows and Linux. Not sure what's wrong..!

I notice though, that on that site, the character encoding is a Western one, and all the Chinese characters are stored as HTML entities.

Oh, I had this logged-in/logged-out problem again when upgrading to b2evolution 1.9.2.. this time, setting the force_io_charset_if_accepted to utf-8 seemed to fix it...

Note, that I remember some time ago, when upgrading to a newer version of MySQL, I had to run some fixes, which converted my database to utf-8.. apparently in the past, I wasn't actually using utf-8 in the database. I can't remember where I read about this, but I think it was somewhere in these forums.

7 Apr 15, 2007 20:04

I set the force_io_charset_if_accepted to utf-8 that fix the chinese character in the blog and new post but not the post written in the past. Does anyone know where to fix which could make the character display correctly in chinese?

Form is loading...