Recent Topics

1 Nov 27, 2006 02:37    

I'm having a huge problem with an upgrade to 1.8... at first I received an error: [Please, do not access this page directly.]

someone from mysql helped me to realize it's an skin issue that is not compatible now with the new upgrade.. I I went into this site:

----

"Your skin (for blog 5) is not compatible."
Found this on: [forums.b2evolution.net]
google query: "Please, do not access this page directly"
direct link to google query: [www.google.com]
Hope this is your answer
Maybe switching to a default theme for now will fix your page. Until you can get upir custom one fixed

---
I can't change the skin because I can't get into the admin panel. I changed under skins's _ main.php what was suggested, now I'm getting this error on the blog page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/lynnejor/public_html/blog/skins/leaf/_main.php on line 222

If someone can please help me!! not sure where line 222 is located. :!:

also, where is this located?

require(dirname(__FILE__)."/b2evocore/_blog_main.php");

I can't find it. in the coding... main.php, or another file?

2 Nov 27, 2006 09:08

There is a page in the manual that tells you what you need to do to upgrade your skin, but why can you not access the admin area? In 1.8.* it should be at yourdomain.tld/admin.php - no "admin" folder anymore.

3 Nov 27, 2006 17:54

who knows, when I upgraded, I could not gain access... but it doesn't matter now.... I had to blow it away, and just start over... client wanted it up and I couldn't find a solution... so I'm not about to upgrade to the latest version...
thanks, anyway, next time, I will come here first for some solutions...

4 Nov 27, 2006 17:57

mmm, perhaps that was the issue... never new the admin address changed.... oh well... too late now...

Form is loading...