Recent Topics

1 Oct 19, 2007 20:12    

Tag <blockquote> may not contain raw character data

Additionally:

Notice: Undefined variable: tab in /home/gamenws/public_html/inc/items/items.ctrl.php on line 656

Notice: Undefined variable: tab in /home/gamenws/public_html/inc/items/items.ctrl.php on line 660

* Which shows up when the error above occurs after clicking "Save!"

My sample blockquote content:

<blockquote>
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.  Be of the same mind toward one another.  Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.  Do not be wise in your own opinion.  Repay no one evil for evil.  Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.  If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay", says the Lord.

Therefore
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will coals of fire on his head."

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

- Romans 12:14-20 New King James Version
</blockquote>

2 Dec 09, 2007 04:36

I'm trying to enter a post with an ordered list. I've done it before with no problem, but I'm getting the "Tag <ol> may not contain raw character data". What does this mean?

3 Dec 09, 2007 04:37

I found this post via a Google search on the term "raw character data"; my post probably belongs in Support. Sorry.

4 Dec 09, 2007 04:41

P.S. I'm on a Mac Pro and copied from a TextEdit doc and pasted into the Write window. Is there some invisible something causing that problem? I've been working on a PC previously.

5 Dec 09, 2007 05:35

I don't know why the blockquote thing happens but a p tag fixes it.

<blockquote><p>yeadda yadda</p></blockquote>

6 Dec 09, 2007 05:38

That will help laibcom who posted on Oct. 19, but will it help me with my <ol> problem? Do I enclose the whole <ol> .......</ol> in paragraph tags?

7 Dec 09, 2007 05:47

Nope. <ol> is not allowed within the <p> tag. I'm emailing myself the text so I can access it on the PC in the other room to determine whether the Mac has anything to do with this.

8 Dec 09, 2007 05:48

sunstone1 are you using 220? If so it might be a bug. If not we can split and move this. I think...

So ... what version of b2evolution are you using? Also what version did you upgrade from?

9 Dec 09, 2007 05:50

Yes, this doesn't belong here. I'm sorry. I didn't even think to look when I found the topic via Google.

I'm using 1.10.3.

10 Dec 09, 2007 05:59

I solved the problem the old fashioned way. I took out the coding and typed the numbers! I must move on. Thanks.

Form is loading...