Recent Topics

1 Nov 05, 2007 18:15    

Hello all. This is my first post here, but I looked everywhere to avoid repetition of questions.

I'm having a problem with the bundled video plugin for b2. I love this blogging software and find it superior to WP, but this is really frustrating me.

I can embed youtube videos no problem, but embedding google video just doesn't seem to work. The little player comes up and displays nicely in the posting, but the play button does nothing.

I recently upgraded to the latest version of B2 in hopes this would fix it, but no dice. Is anyone else having this issue? Anybody got a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Nov 05, 2007 21:49

Works fine for me.....2.0.2

What is the Video ID that your trying to use?

3 Nov 05, 2007 23:18

any id I try fails... currently I am trying to get ID 9050264515177707119 to work.

4 Nov 05, 2007 23:49

I think you have a dud ID number

I have been able to play 5 other ID's that work fine....
your's doesn't

Do other ID's play when you try them?

5 Nov 05, 2007 23:52

If not...... reinstall the plugin maybe?

6 Nov 06, 2007 03:13

I fixed it.

Apparently the problem is that when you post video to gvideo, you are asked to choose if you'd like it to be public (which they define as searchable) or private (only people you send the link to will be able to find it). Well, if you do not define your video explicitly as public, then the plugin can't play the video.

Maybe this was obvious somewhere, but I missed it.

Thanks for trying to help all.

Form is loading...