Recent Topics

1 Mar 13, 2008 04:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Ok so I uploaded a few skins to my site and went to install them. When I did I got an error that said the containers were empty. Here are the steps I used:

1. Download skin
2. unzip skin
3. upload skin to skins folder via ftp
4. click on manage skins on the website.
5. When I look at all the skin options, the skin I just uploaded has a blue background and says "No skinshot available".

Any ideas?

2 Mar 13, 2008 04:19

Did you choose a 2.x skin? 1.x skins are not compatible. See http://skins.b2evolution.net/two.php
That's the most likely cause of your problem. The designer may have omitted the skinshot, but for what I know all skins have a skinshot.
If it is a 2,x skin you can use it as any other skin. With or without a skinshot.

Good luck

3 Mar 13, 2008 04:21

Yeah at first I noticed I was using the 1.x, but I soon switched over to the 2.x and installed a few from there (nautica_21 and midnight). They both gave me the error.

Ok so I fixed it and here is how. When i was uploading the unzipped file to the skins folder, it was creating it like this. /skins/nautica_21/nautica_21/img. That wasn't working, so I cut and pasted ann the php, css and images out of the sub /nautica_21 folder and pasted them in the parent folder and it works now. So now when I look at the files in the ftp client it looks like this /skins/nautica_21/img.

Form is loading...