Recent Topics

1 May 05, 2008 01:19    

You know there are lots of ways to bookmark things you like; browser favorites, external bookmark sites like digg etc..

However, i think an internal bookmark function would be nice too.Let's say your website using b2 contains hundreds of posts, of course you would 'possibly' find what you were looking for with search tags etc..It is very probable you would find it if you remember even a small part of the text contained in the post..But especially, suppose that you have image based content, as it's harder to find images when they dont have description text, or you may not be able to remember..
Anyhow, it would be a cool function to see your favorites in your favorite website, and being able to attach them to your profile.. Then you would be able to have sth like a toy box with your favorite posts of that website you are visiting often and you can overview and take another look when you'd like to..

2 May 27, 2008 09:15

Hi tilqicom.

What's wrong with creating a folder in say Firefox Bookmarks for b2evo and having all the bookmarks there? Do you want it so that you have access from any machine?

So by internal bookmark do plugin, do you mean a plugin that can bookmarks internal anchors or a plugin that internally bookmarks anything. The second option I imagine??

In the latter I suppose a dropdown listbox that can be drag and dropped to would be the idea

3 May 27, 2008 10:47

hey amoun, this was not supposed to be for me, i have the ability to bookmark anything i like in many ways, thank God : P
and what i mean was shortly, a plugin that can bookmark posts.. let's say you ve liked a post, you just click the bookmark, and then it's posted in your profile, later on you could overview things you have liked in that b2site..

4 May 27, 2008 12:41

Sorry tilqicom i'm still not with it/you.

I don't know what you mean by 'posted in your profile'. What profile?

5 May 27, 2008 13:44

amoun wrote:

Sorry tilqicom i'm still not with it/you.

I don't know what you mean by 'posted in your profile'. What profile?

i mean when your profile you see some settings right?:

Name:

nick:

etc

In additon you sill see a section :

My favorites:

[url=http://post's permanent url]some post title[/url] (these are links containing the corresponding posts, that you ve bookmarked it before)

[url=http://post's permanent url]some post title[/url]

[url=http://post's permanent url]some post title[/url]

6 May 27, 2008 17:25

OK slowly I'm getting there.

I found the profile :oops: and the
Login:
First name:
Last name:
Nickname:

No 'My favourites section?

7 May 27, 2008 18:05

In addition you will see ( if somebody will create such a plugin ;) ) a section :

My favourites:

9 May 27, 2008 18:55

So would this be for posts on YOUR blog, or for posts from someone else's b2evolution installation? I am thinking of multi-author situations where I might want to bookmark posts from some of my other authors, or, where I might bookmark a post on your blog even though I do not have a profile on your blog.

10 May 27, 2008 20:49

EdB wrote:

So would this be for posts on YOUR blog, or for posts from someone else's b2evolution installation?

Only the admin's post would be enough or an overall thing independent of whose post is it.

EdB wrote:

I am thinking of multi-author situations where I might want to bookmark posts from some of my other authors, or, where I might bookmark a post on your blog even though I do not have a profile on your blog.

Yep that's the idea, you might want to save it if you like a lot 'post' in that 'blog you visit everyday' within 'a thousand posts' especially 'when they didnt include much text you could remember' so instead of bookmarking them somewhere else, bookmark with 1 click..

it isn't that necessary was just an idea, posted not to forget :P

11 May 27, 2008 20:53

Hi EdB.

I could use my portable firefox but a widget that is user sensitive that any bookmark can be dragged to, would be a useful

12 Jun 05, 2008 20:54

i wonder why did not i put it this way; but what i exactly meant here was: like the 'fave's in flickr.

You just fave things and review them later. (: sorry for the bump, and please let me know when sth hits you in this matter, any tips , ideas or points whatever.

Form is loading...