Recent Topics

1 Aug 05, 2008 13:39    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I've edited the welcome page, but when I click on click on a link to go to the Comments section, the URL in the address bar includes "welcome-to-b2evolution", and I would like to remove this or change it to something appropriate to the website. I found the phrase "welcome-to-b2evolution" in the URL "filename" box on the Post editing page in BackOffice, but changing it there only caused the link to stop working. Could anyone please tell me how to fix this?

I'm sorry for repeating the question, but I posted it in the other forum by mistake a few days ago, and it got now replies, so I thought I'd better try here.

Thank you in advance!

2 Aug 08, 2008 20:52

The URL filename field is for what the URL will be if you are using "fancy URLs", which are on by default in 2.* generation. When you make a post you can leave that field blank and the post title will become that field ... sort of. Like "My blog Post" will become "my-blog-post" because spaces are bad in a URL, but basically the title becomes the URL filename.

SO! The post you are looking at was one of the initial default posts. You probably edited it, including the title, but are now stuck with the undesirable "URL filename". So go ahead and edit that as well. I think you can simply empty that field and save to get your current post title properly converted, or you might have to manually make it be something. If you have to do it manually you should stick to all lower case letters and dashes (or underscores). No punctuation marks, and no fancy characters are allowed there.

Form is loading...