Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2008 11:00    

I posted last year an idea of development about a chat, which would permit to members connected on the blogs to chat whith other members connected...

Did you see the new toolbar (at the bottom of the page) on facebook? We can now chat with our friends connected on facebook!

If someone would be interested and capable of developping a plugin (maybe that we can add in the toolbar which appears when we are connected) like that, let me know because i am very interested in a such plugin!!!!!

bye bye ;)

2 Aug 31, 2008 05:44

Hi fdeconiac,

I don't see a chat in Facebook and a search reveals at least three chat add-ons.
For my blog I created a chat widget (http://www.blog.hemminga.net/index.php?blog=9) but I don't have any plans in particular with it - not even sharing ;)
I can envisage some enhancements that make it interesting. Cross site is probably easy. I can automatically add usernames if people are logged in to a blog. Apart from some security aspects I don't see any limitations.
What features do you think a widget like this needs (any one can reply to this question).

Good luck

3 Sep 01, 2008 12:03

Hi Afwas,

Here is a screenshot of my facebook page. You can see at he bottom, on the right side, a chat indicating how many friends are online (you can see who by clicking on)

http://sufbordeaux.free.fr/accessoirs/chat_on_facebook.jpg

I don't remember installing ab addon (chat) on facebook. I think it appear by default!

I visited your blog and saw your chat? I was asking me if people connected can see who is connected and open a chat between 2 persons or more, or if it is an open chat?

I was thinking in a plugin which appears in "who is online" but also in the admin toolbar, so that we can still chat with someone and visit all blogs in the same time...
Some idea for the development of this plugin :
- choose if we want to see everyone, or just people from our group of user
- choose to appear online or offline (or busy...)
- others ideas will come lol ;)

I hope you will find this chat on facebook because you would better understand what i meant (my english is not always comprehensible!)

Thank you for answering to my post!

bye bye

4 Sep 01, 2008 23:59

Hi fdeconiac,

I'll take this on. It's going to be a huge project.
I have several ideas:
- chat with blog members
- chat between several blogs (Friends)
- worldwide chat ;)

Do keep an eye on my testblog. Please be patient.

Have fun

5 Sep 02, 2008 08:02

Wonderfull!!!

Thank you very much for launching this project! i will follow it on your blog!

i will send you a mail as i get new ideas!

Have a nice day B)

Form is loading...