Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2008 12:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hi I am setting up my first blog and have struck a problem trying to delete a linkblog category. I am using v2.4.2 with the pixelgreen skin.

I still have the original linkblog categories that come with the skin. I have been able to delete most of them and add my own. But the category b2evolution cannot be deleted. I went to Linkblog - dashboard - edit categories. There it lists the relevant categories including b2evolution. When I try to delete it, it says "The following relations prevent deletion:
1 posts within category through extra cat".

But if I open b2evolution it says no posts and no comments. I have looked in my other categories and their posts but none mention b2evolution.

Sorry but I can't post a link to the blog at the moment as it is part of a larger password-protected website that is still under construction.

Can anyone help me from the info i have given? If not I can add more data if you ask. In the final situation, i can give you the PW to look at it for me if I really have to.

Thanks for any help.

2 Aug 29, 2008 12:02

Meander over to blog A and delete "about this system" then try and delete your linkblog category ;)

¥

3 Aug 29, 2008 16:20

¥åßßå wrote:

Meander over to blog A and delete "about this system" then try and delete your linkblog category ;)

¥

Thanks for replying, but sorry - you are too advanced for me :oops:

I think I am using blog A as my main blog. I think Blog B got deleted right at the beginning before I RTM which said do not delete until you have read everything (or words to that effect).

I have logged into backoffice, dashboard, whatever and looked under just about every tab, but don't see any option like you describe.

Could you point me in the right direction with little words? Also I would love to know why your action should fix my problem (I do try to understand things as well as just do 'em).

EDIT: have found "about this system" under the b2evolution tab but I presume this cannot be what you are referring to. It just lists the system details?

4 Aug 29, 2008 21:32

Admin > post list > select "blog a" from the tabs if it's not already selected

Look for a post titled "about this system", it's posted in multiple categories, one of which is the "b2evolution" category on the default "linkblog"

Delete that post and you'll be able to delete the b2evolution category on your linkblog

¥

5 Aug 30, 2008 09:24

Mystery deepens - I feel as if I am doing a jigsaw with only half the pieces!

I went to admin/ and found the /posts (list) you speak of. But next to the admin tab it only has Blog B shown. If I click on posts (lists) it just lists the 5 posts I have posted as tests for my blog. If I click on the Blog B tab it takes me to my posts in that blog.

I presume that i must have deleted Blog A when I was first setting up the site?

Anything else you could suggest, or could I PM you the PW for the site so you can see?

6 Aug 30, 2008 13:25

Feel free to pm your login details and I'll see if i can hunt the post down for you ;)

¥

7 Aug 30, 2008 18:35

Thanks for your kind offer. I have pm you

8 Aug 31, 2008 09:37

Many thanks for the advice in your pm. This has been SUCCESSFUL :lol:

For others who might come searching here. It appeared that i could not delete this category because it was still showing a crosspost in the relevant database although no post was showing under the category in the linkblog. Yabba was able to track it down. Following advice I made a backup of the main b2evo database, then searched for and found evo_postcats. Browsing this showed 11 rows, one of which was:

postcat_post_ID (13) AND post_cat_ID (12). I deleted this row. When I reopened my website I was able to go to the linkblog in admin and delete the offending category.

Many thanks again.

RJ

Form is loading...